The Lafayette Leopards (1-5) will be at home in Kirby Sports Center when they square off against the Penn Quakers (6-3). Action begins at 8 p.m. ET on Wednesday, December 6, 2017.
Penn Quakers at Lafayette Leopards Free Preview
The Quakers beat the Howard Bison in their last contest, 81-68. Caleb Wood was the top scorer from either team with 26 points on 9-for-18 shooting. The Quakers, who came into the game averaging an offensive rebounding percentage of 26.3, had an absurd mark of 42.2 and had a better effective field goal percentage (0.478 vs. 0.398).
In the Leopards last matchup, they blew out the Quinnipiac Bobcats, 79-58. With 26 points on 6-for-12 shooting, Matt Klinewski was the top scorer from either team. Lafayette played a nearly perfect game. They had an absurd free throw rate of 0.587 (above their season average of 0.179) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.565 (above their season average of 0.527). Quinnipiac had marks of 0.264 and 0.415, respectively, for those same stats.
Lafayette might struggle to put up points as they face off against one of the nation’s best defenses. Penn ranks eighth in defensive efficiency, while the Leopards rank 331st in offensive efficiency dating back to last season.
The Quakers won the only contest against the Leopards last season, 81-52. The Quakers dominated every facet of the game. They had a fantastic effective field goal percentage of 0.644 and a turnover percentage of 18.3. The Leopards recorded marks of 0.429 and 24.3, respectively, for those same stats.
Penn Quakers at Lafayette Leopards Betting Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Lafayette, ATS Winner – Lafayette, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Quakers rank 17th in steals allowed per game (5.5) while the Leopards rank 250th (7.3).
- Lafayette allows the eighth-fewest blocks per game (2.3) while Penn ranks 60th (3.0).
- Penn ranks fifth in rebounds per game (36.8) while Lafayette ranks 301st (31.2).
- The Quakers average 25.4 three pointers per game, which ranks 13th in the NCAA. The Leopards rank 303rd in three pointers allowed per game (25.9).
- Penn ranks fifth in assists allowed per game (12.0) while Lafayette ranks 245th (14.5).