The No. 3 Arizona State Sun Devils (11-0) are off to a hot start and will try to stay unbeaten when they go head-to-head with the Pacific Tigers (5-7) at Wells-Fargo Arena. The Over/Under (O/U) for the game has been set at 163 points with Arizona State opening as a 20-point favorite. Tip-off is scheduled for 3 p.m. ET on Friday, December 22, 2017, and it can be seen on Pac-12 Network.
Pacific Tigers at Arizona State Sun Devils Betting Preview
The Tigers fell to the UNLV Runnin’ Rebels in their last matchup, 81-76. Roberto Gallinat had a solid performance for Pacific, leading the team in scoring with 20 points on 8-for-18 shooting. UNLV did a terrific job of converting from the charity stripe (25-32; 78.1 percent). Pacific, meanwhile, forced the Runnin’ Rebels into a turnover percentage of 23.1 (above their season average of 16.7).
In the Sun Devils’ last game, they blew out the Longwood Lancers, 95-61. Arizona State was lifted by Tra Holder, who was the games high scorer with 20 points on 6-for-14 shooting. Arizona State played a perfect game. They had a turnover percentage of 11.5 (better than their season average of 14.7) and a free throw rate of 0.333 (matching their season average). For those same stats, Longwood was 28.3 and 0.175, respectively.
The aggressive Arizona State offense seems poised to dominate from the charity stripe. The Sun Devils rank first in the NCAA with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.375, while Pacific is among the nations most foul-prone squads (giving up a 300th-ranked FTA rate of 0.291).
Games including these teams tend to finish over the O/U total. Pacific games have gone over 63.6 percent of the time, while 63.6 percent of Arizona State games have finished over. Looking at straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records, the Sun Devils have a significant advantage. They are 11-0 SU and 9-1-1 ATS, while the Tigers are 5-7 SU and 4-6-1 ATS.
Pacific Tigers at Arizona State Sun Devils Odds Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Arizona State, ATS Winner – Arizona State, O/U – Over
- The Tigers rank 38th in blocks allowed per game (2.6) while the Sun Devils rank 71st (3.1).
- Arizona State ranks 78th in three pointers attempted per game (24.5) while Pacific ranks 284th (13.8).
- The Sun Devils average 16.1 assists per game, which ranks 54th in the nation. The Tigers rank 176th in assists allowed per game (14.6).
- Pacific ranks 39th in steals per game (8.1) while Arizona State ranks 75th (7.1).
- The Sun Devils average margin of victory in their last five games has been 17.2, down from 18.4 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Tigers have scored an average of 75.4 points per game (0.3 below their season average) and allowed an average of 72.2 points per game (1.5 below their season average).