WCC foes will collide when the No. 20 Gonzaga Bulldogs (10-3) clash with the Pacific Tigers (5-8) at McCarthey Athletic Center. The Over/Under (O/U) for the game has been set at 153 points with Gonzaga opening as a 22-point favorite. Tip-off is set for 9 p.m. ET on Thursday, December 28, 2017, and it can be seen on ESPN2.
Pacific Tigers at Gonzaga Bulldogs ATS Preview
In the Tigers last matchup, they got blown out by the No. 3 Arizona State Sun Devils, 104-65. With 13 points on 5-for-13 shooting, Jack Williams was Pacific’s leading scorer. Arizona State was lights out from beyond the arc (12-26; 46.2 percent). Pacific, meanwhile, had an offensive rebounding percentage of 41.7 (above their season average of 32.9).
The Bulldogs are trying to rebound after their 72-70 loss to the San Diego State Aztecs in their last outing. With 12 points and 15 rebounds, Johnathan Williams III had a good outing for Gonzaga. San Diego State did a terrific job of making free throws (21-26; 80.8 percent). Gonzaga, on the other hand, held the Aztecs to an effective field goal percentage of 0.418 (below their season average of 0.507).
Gonzaga could have their way on the offensive side of the ball as their high-octane offense goes up against one of the worst defenses in the NCAA. The Bulldogs rank 16th in offensive efficiency, while Pacific ranks 272nd in defensive efficiency.
Games involving these teams have typically gone over the O/U total. Pacific games have finished over 66.7 percent of the time, while 70.0 percent of Gonzaga games have finished over. Looking at straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records, the Bulldogs have a clear advantage. They are 10-3 SU and 5-5 ATS, while the Tigers are 5-8 SU and 4-7-1 ATS.
This is the first time these teams will clash this year. The Bulldogs won all three games played against each other last season. In the most recent game, Gonzaga won 82-50. The Bulldogs played a nearly perfect game. They had a phenomenal free throw rate of 0.412 and a great effective field goal percentage of 0.598. For those same stats, the Tigers recorded marks of 0.186 and 0.331, respectively.
Pacific Tigers vs. Gonzaga Bulldogs Betting Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Gonzaga, ATS Winner – Pacific, O/U – Over
- The Bulldogs rank 25th in blocks allowed per game (2.4) while the Tigers rank 69th (3.2).
- Pacific ranks 46th in steals per game (7.8) while Gonzaga ranks 62nd in steals allowed per game (5.8).
- Pacific is 2-3-1 ATS on the road, while Gonzaga is 2-2 ATS at home.
- The total has gone over in 3 of the Bulldogs 4 home games, while 5 of the Tigers 6 road games have gone over.
- Gonzaga ranks 51st in three pointers attempted per game (25.7) while Pacific ranks 269th (14.1).
- The Bulldogs rank 33rd in assists per game (17.2) while the Tigers rank 179th in assists allowed per game (14.8).
- Gonzaga ranks 19th in rebounds per game (40.8) while Pacific ranks 132nd (36.2).
- Gonzaga is 2-3 ATS with 4 overs and 1 under in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Pacific is 1-2-1 ATS with 3 overs and 1 under.
- The Bulldogs average margin of victory in their last five games has been 9.0, down from 15.5 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Tigers have scored an average of 77.0 points per game (2.2 above their season average) and allowed an average of 82.0 points per game (6.0 above their season average).