The Orlando Magic (11-22), who are currently riding a seven-game losing streak, will attempt to get back in the win column when they travel to Capital One Arena to clash against the Washington Wizards (17-15). Tip-off is scheduled for 7 p.m. ET on Saturday, December 23, 2017, and it can be seen on Fox SportsNet Florida.
Orlando Magic at Washington Wizards ATS Preview
In the Magic’s last outing, they lost to the New Orleans Pelicans, 111-97. Orlando’s Jonathon Simmons had a solid performance, leading the team in scoring with 22 points on 10-for-15 shooting. New Orleans had an offensive rebounding percentage of 26.8 (above their season average of 20.3). Orlando, meanwhile, did a terrific job of getting to and converting from the charity stripe (21-29; 72.4 percent).
The Wizards are trying to rebound after their 119-84 loss to the Brooklyn Nets in their last outing. With 10 points, Washington’s John Wall put together a good game. Brooklyn had an offensive rebounding percentage of 31.7 (above their season average of 22.0). Washington, meanwhile, had a turnover percentage of 6.6 (better than their season average of 12.3).
Orlando could struggle to create turnovers. Washington ranks sixth in the NBA at avoiding errors (turnover percentage of 13.3 percent), while Orlando forces the seventh-fewest turnovers (13.6 percent).
Of Orlando’s 32 games with betting action, 16 have finished over the O/U total, while 21 of Washington’s 31 games have finished under the O/U total. The Wizards come into this game with a clear advantage in terms of straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records. They are 17-15 SU and 15-16 ATS, while the Magic are 11-22 SU and 12-19-1 ATS.
Nikola Vucevic has been playing at a high level over the last five games for Orlando, averaging 22.6 points, 12.6 rebounds, 5.2 assists, 1.4 steals and 1.2 blocks per game.
This is the first time these teams will battle this year. Each won two of the four games played against each other last season. The Wizards won the most recent game 115-114. Washington was effective at getting and making free throws. The Wizards made 23 of their 25 free throws (92.0 percent), while the Magic were just 12-19 (63.2 percent).
Orlando Magic vs. Washington Wizards Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Magic, ATS Winner – Magic, O/U – Under
- The Wizards average 43.1 rebounds per game, which ranks 17th in the NBA. The Magic rank last in rebounds allowed per game (46.4).
- Washington ranks 15th in fast break points per game (10.3) while Orlando ranks 23rd in fast break points allowed per game (12.2).
- Washington ranks 13th in second chance points per game (12.1) while Orlando ranks 25th (10.1).
- On the road, Orlando is 8-9-1 ATS with 10 overs and 8 unders.
- At home, Washington is 5-10 ATS with 9 unders and 6 overs.
- Orlando is 5-2 when they hold opponents under 100 points, while Washington is 13-1.
- The Magic are 11-11 when they reach the century mark, while the Wizards are 14-7.
- The Wizards rank 15th in points allowed in the paint per game (44.1) while the Magic rank 26th (48.6).
- Washington ranks third in steals allowed per game (6.8) while Orlando ranks 25th (8.3).
- The Wizards rank ninth in assists allowed per game (21.7) while the Magic rank 28th (25.0).
- Washington ranks fifth in points off turnovers allowed per game (14.8) while Orlando ranks 21st (18.0).
- Washington is 1-4 ATS with 4 unders and 1 over in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Orlando is 1-4 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs.
- The Wizards have been outscored by an average of 3.4 points in their last five games. For the season, Washington has defeated opponents by an average of 1.3 points.
- During their last five games, the Magic have scored an average of 96.8 points per game (8.6 below their season average) and allowed an average of 107.6 points per game (2.7 below their season average).