The Orlando Magic (12-30), who are currently on a six-game losing streak, look to get back in the win column when they visit Capital One Arena to go head-to-head against the Washington Wizards (23-18). Washington opened as a 10.5-point favorite, while the Over/Under (O/U) for the game has been set at 217.5 points. Action begins at 7 p.m. ET on Friday, January 12, 2018, and it can be seen on Fox SportsNet Florida.
Orlando Magic vs. Washington Wizards Free Preview
The Magic fell to the Milwaukee Bucks in their last matchup, 110-103. With 21 points on 8-for-14 shooting, Evan Fournier led Orlando in scoring. Milwaukee had an offensive rebounding percentage of 27.8 (above their season average of 18.9). Orlando, meanwhile, had a turnover percentage of 7.6 (better than their season average of 13.1).
The last time the Wizards played, they were defeated by the Utah Jazz, 107-104. John Wall was the top scorer from either team with 35 points on 14-for-27 shooting. Utah forced the Wizards into a turnover percentage of 21.2 (above their season average of 12.0). Washington, meanwhile, did a great job of converting from the free throw line (12-17; 70.6 percent).
Washington appears to have the advantage on the defensive side of the ball. The Wizards rank eighth in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.510), while Orlando is 18th in effective field goal percentage (0.515).
Of Orlando’s 42 games, 23 have finished under the O/U total, while 24 of Washington’s 41 games have finished under the projected point total. The Wizards come into this game with a clear advantage in both straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records. They are 23-18 SU and 19-22 ATS, while the Magic are 12-30 SU and 15-26-1 ATS.
Bradley Beal has been playing at a high level recently for Washington, averaging 28.2 points, 4.4 assists and 1.4 steals over the last five games.
These teams have already met once this season. In that game, the two teams combined for 233 points, well over the projected point total of 212.5. The Wizards won 130-103, covering as 12-point favorites. The Wizards played a nearly perfect game. They had a phenomenal offensive rebounding percentage of 33.3 and a free throw rate of 0.233. The Magic were 9.8 and 0.126, respectively, for those same stats. Elfrid Payton had a double-double in the loss with 30 points and 10 assists.
Orlando Magic at Washington Wizards Odds Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Wizards, ATS Winner – Wizards, O/U – Under
- The Wizards average 43.3 rebounds per game, which ranks 16th in the NBA. The Magic rank 29th in rebounds allowed per game (46.4).
- Washington ranks 13th in steals per game (7.7) while Orlando ranks 18th in steals allowed per game (7.9).
- Washington ranks 12th in second chance points per game (12.7) while Orlando ranks 23rd in second chance points allowed per game (13.3).
- Orlando is 9-13-1 ATS on the road with 12 unders and 11 overs.
- Washington is 8-13 ATS at home with 10 overs, 9 unders and 2 pushes.
- Orlando is 6-3 when they hold opponents below 100 points, while Washington is 13-1.
- When scoring above 100 points, the Magic are 12-15 and the Wizards are 20-9.
- The Wizards rank 13th in fast break points per game (11.2) while the Magic rank 23rd in fast break points allowed per game (12.5).
- Washington ranks ninth in assists allowed per game (21.5) while Orlando ranks 27th (24.6).
- The Wizards rank fourth in points off turnovers per game (18.2) while the Magic rank 20th (15.4).
- The Magic rank 14th in three pointers attempted per game (29.4) while the Wizards rank 18th in three pointers allowed per game (29.2).
- Washington ranks 15th in points allowed in the paint per game (44.9) while Orlando ranks 28th (49.0).
- Washington is 1-4 ATS with 3 overs, 1 under and 1 push in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Orlando is 2-3 ATS with 4 unders and 1 over.
- The Wizards average margin of victory in their last five games has been 2.8, up from 2.3 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Magic have scored an average of 104.4 points per game (0.5 below their season average) and allowed an average of 113.8 points per game (3.0 above their season average).