The Orlando Magic (20-47) can end a seven-game road losing streak when they meet the San Antonio Spurs (37-30) at AT&T Center. Tip-off is scheduled for 8:30 p.m. ET on Tuesday, March 13, 2018, and it can be seen on Fox SportsNet Florida.
Orlando Magic at San Antonio Spurs Odds Preview
The last time the Magic played, they lost to the Los Angeles Clippers, 113-105. Orlando’s Nikola Vucevic had a solid game, putting up 17 points and 10 rebounds. Los Angeles did an excellent job of getting and making free throws (24-28; 85.7 percent). Orlando, meanwhile, had a better turnover percentage (12.7 vs. 14.2).
The Spurs are trying to rebound after their 109-93 loss to the Houston Rockets in their last game. Bryn Forbes led San Antonio in scoring with 14 points on 4-for-8 shooting. Houston held the Spurs to an offensive rebounding percentage of 14.6 (below their season average of 23.2). San Antonio, on the other hand, had a better turnover percentage (12.5 vs. 14.3).
San Antonio appears to have an edge on the offensive glass in this meeting. The Spurs rank eighth in offensive rebounding percentage (23.1 percent), while Orlando ranks 30th in defensive rebounding percentage (75.2 percent).
Of Orlando’s 67 games, 38 have finished under the projected point total, while 35 of San Antonio’s 66 games have finished under the O/U total. The Spurs have the significant advantage straight up (SU) (37-30 vs. 20-47), but both teams have similar against the spread (ATS) records. San Antonio is 32-30-4, while Orlando is 31-34-2 ATS.
Davis Bertans has taken his game to another level over the last five games for San Antonio, averaging 12.4 points per game.
These teams have already met once this season. In that game, the two teams combined for 201 points, which was under the projected point total of 207. The Magic won 114-87, covering as 5.5-point underdogs. Orlando made 11 of their 23 three pointers (47.8 percent). San Antonio was, on the other hand, just 4-24 (16.7 percent). In the loss, LaMarcus Aldridge had a double-double with 24 points and 11 rebounds.
Orlando Magic vs. San Antonio Spurs Betting Prediction
Prediction: SU Winner – Magic, ATS Winner – Magic, O/U – Under
- The Magic rank 14th in three pointers attempted per game (29.2) while the Spurs rank 27th (24.4).
- Orlando averages 12.8 fast break points per game, which ranks 12th in the league. San Antonio ranks 17th in fast break points allowed per game (11.9).
- San Antonio ranks 12th in second chance points per game (12.8) while Orlando ranks 25th (10.7).
- On the road, Orlando is 19-16-1 ATS with 19 unders and 17 overs.
- At home, San Antonio is 17-13-1 ATS with 17 overs and 14 unders.
- In games where they allow below 100 points, Orlando is 9-5 and San Antonio is 25-10.
- When reaching 100 points, the Spurs are 30-10 and the Magic are 20-28.
- The Spurs average 22.9 assists per game, which ranks 13th in the league. The Magic rank 24th in assists allowed per game (24.5).
- San Antonio ranks second in blocks allowed per game (3.8) while Orlando ranks 19th (4.9).
- The Spurs rank 13th in points allowed in the paint per game (43.6) while the Magic rank last (49.3).
- San Antonio ranks 10th in rebounds per game (44.1) while Orlando ranks 26th (41.0).
- San Antonio is 1-4 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Orlando is 2-2-1 ATS with 4 unders and 1 over.
- The Spurs have been outscored by an average of 6.2 points in their last five games. On the season, San Antonio has defeated opponents by an average of 2.4 points.
- During their last five games, the Magic have scored an average of 97.4 points per game (7.7 below their season average) and allowed an average of 101.8 points per game (7.7 below their season average).