The New York Knicks (27-50) welcome the Orlando Magic (22-54) to Madison Square Garden. The Magic are 1-point underdogs and look to end a nine-game road losing streak. The game’s Over/Under (O/U) opened at 210 points and it will air on Fox SportsNet Florida at 7:30 p.m. ET on Tuesday, April 3, 2018.
Orlando Magic vs. New York Knicks ATS Odds
Both teams were beaten in their last outing. The Knicks fell to the Detroit Pistons, 115-109, while the Magic were defeated by the Atlanta Hawks, 94-88.
Orlando did a fantastic job of converting from the charity stripe (12-13; 92.3 percent) while New York was lights out from beyond the arc (13-29; 44.8 percent). Trey Burke had a solid performance for New York, putting up 18 points, 15 assists and five rebounds. Nikola Vucevic, meanwhile played a pivotal role for Orlando with 10 points and 14 rebounds.
New York could own the offensive glass in this matchup. The Knicks rank fourth in offensive rebounding percentage (24.4 percent), while Orlando ranks 30th in defensive rebounding percentage (75.5 percent).
Vegas tends to place the total high when the Magic are involved, as 59.2 percent of their games have gone under the total. Orlando heads into the game with records of 22-54 straight up (SU) and 33-41-2 against the spread (ATS).
Unlike Orlando, just over half of Knicks games have finished over the O/U total. Further, New York is 27-50 SU and 36-41 ATS.
Burke has taken his game to another level as of late for New York, averaging 22.0 points, 6.4 assists and 1.4 steals over the last five games.
In three contests against each other this season, the Magic have won two. The two teams combined for 233 points in their most recent game, which was well over the projected point total of 216. Orlando lost 120-113, covering as a 4-point favorite. New York out-rebounded Orlando. The Knicks had more offensive rebounds (16 vs. five) and total rebounds (47 vs. 39). Despite the loss, Evan Fournier was a top performer in the game with 25 points, five rebounds and five assists.
Orlando Magic at New York Knicks ATS Pick
Pick: SU Winner – Magic, ATS Winner – Magic, O/U – Under
- The Knicks rank 14th in assists per game (23.1) while the Magic rank 22nd in assists allowed per game (24.4).
- New York ranks sixth in second chance points per game (13.6) while Orlando ranks 27th (10.7).
- The Knicks rank 10th in rebounds per game (44.1) while the Magic rank 26th in rebounds allowed per game (45.7).
- Orlando ranks 14th in three pointers attempted per game (29.4) while New York ranks 29th (23.0).
- New York ranks ninth in blocks per game (5.1) while Orlando ranks 17th in blocks allowed per game (5.0).
- The Knicks rank eighth in points in the paint per game (46.6) while the Magic rank 28th in points allowed in the paint per game (48.7).
- The Magic rank 17th in steals per game (7.7) while the Knicks rank 29th (6.8).
- Orlando averages 15.6 points off turnovers per game, which ranks 21st in the NBA. New York ranks 24th in points off turnovers allowed per game (17.5).
- Orlando ranks 12th in fast break points per game (12.7) while New York ranks 29th (8.5).
- Orlando is 10-9 when they allow below 100 points, while New York is 13-3.
- When scoring over 100 points, the Magic are 22-29 and the Knicks are 26-28.
- Orlando is 19-18-1 ATS on the road, while New York is 20-17 ATS at home.
- Of the Magic’s 38 road games, they have 21 unders and 17 overs.
- Of the Knicks’ 37 home games, they have 19 unders and 18 overs.
- The Knicks are 3-2 ATS over their last five games, while the Magic are 0-5.
- In their last five games, New York has 3 unders and 2 overs, while Orlando has 4 unders and 1 over.
- During their last five games, the Knicks have scored an average of 108.6 points per game (4.1 above their season average) and allowed an average of 115.0 points per game (6.9 above their season average).
- The Magic’s average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 7.0, up from 4.9 for the season.