The Orlando Magic (25-32) will travel to the Smoothie King Center to square off with the New Orleans Pelicans (25-32). The Magic opened as 4.5-point underdogs. The game’s Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 225 points and it will air on Fox Sports – New Orleans at 8 p.m. ET on Tuesday, February 12, 2019.
Orlando Magic at New Orleans Pelicans ATS Odds
In the Magic’s last contest, they comfortably covered the 1-point spread against the Atlanta Hawks, 124-108. The Pelicans, on the other hand, were defeated by the Memphis Grizzlies, 99-90, and were not able to cover as 1-point underdogs. The Orlando game went 7.5 points over the projected point total of 224.5, while the New Orleans game finished 25.5 points under the projected point total of 214.5.
Orlando dominated every facet of the game. They had a solid offensive rebounding percentage of 28.2 (above their season average of 20.6) and a turnover percentage of 7.2 (better than their season average of 11.9). For those same stats, Atlanta was 11.6 and 10.8, respectively. New Orleans, meanwhile, had an offensive rebounding percentage of 32.7 (above their season average of 24.4). Anthony Davis was a key piece for New Orleans with 14 points, 16 rebounds and six assists. Orlando rallied around Nikola Vucevic, who contributed 19 points and 12 rebounds.
This series was highly contested last year, as the teams split their two games last season. The Pelicans won the most recent matchup 111-97. New Orleans had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (26.8 vs. 21.3). Orlando, on the other hand, did an excellent job of making free throws (21-29; 72.4 percent). This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams.
Of the Magic’s 57 games, 31 have finished under the total. Orlando holds records of 25-32 straight up (SU) and 29-25-3 against the spread (ATS).
Unlike Orlando, a little over half of Pelicans games have finished over the total. Moreover, New Orleans owns records of 25-32 SU and 27-29-1 ATS.
The Magic’s Jonathan Isaac has been playing well over his last five games, averaging 13 points,8.2 rebounds,2.4 blocks,1.2 steals per game. Meanwhile, Kenrich Williams has averaged 14 points,7.4 rebounds,1.2 blocks during that same time frame for the Pelicans.
It will be a matchup of contrasting styles as the up-tempo Pelicans (ranked seventh in the league in possessions per game) will look to push the more grind-it-out Magic (27th in possessions per game).
Magic at Pelicans Betting Pick
Free Prediction: SU Winner – Pelicans, ATS Winner – Magic, O/U – Under
- The Magic rank fifth in blocks allowed per game (4.5) while the Pelicans rank 13th (5.0).
- New Orleans ranks first in points in the paint per game (58.1) while Orlando ranks last (42.5).
- The Magic rank seventh in three pointers allowed per game (29.6) while the Pelicans rank 25th (33.3).
- New Orleans ranks third in second chance points per game (14.7) while Orlando ranks 21st (12.3).
- New Orleans ranks 12th in fast break points per game (14.6) while Orlando ranks 27th (9.7).
- The Magic rank sixth in assists allowed per game (23.2) while the Pelicans rank 26th (25.8).
- The Pelicans rank fifth in rebounds per game (47.0) while the Magic rank 23rd (44.1).
- New Orleans ranks 18th in points off turnovers per game (15.8) while Orlando ranks 25th (15.1).
- Orlando ranks third in steals allowed per game (6.9) while New Orleans ranks 22nd (8.2).
- When holding opponents below 100 points, New Orleans is 5-2 and Orlando is 10-3.
- When scoring above 100 points, the Pelicans are 25-27 and the Magic are 21-15.
- Orlando is 16-11-2 ATS on the road, while New Orleans is 13-13 ATS at home.
- The Magic have 17 unders and 12 overs in 29 road games.
- In 26 home games, the Pelicans have 13 unders, 12 overs and 1 push.
- The Magic are 4-1 ATS over their last five games, while the Pelicans are 3-2.
- In their last five games, Orlando has 3 overs and 2 unders, while New Orleans has 3 unders and 2 overs.
- During their last five games, the Magic have scored an average of 114.6 points per game (9.4 above their season average) and allowed an average of 104.8 points per game (2.7 below their season average).
- The Pelicans have been outscored by an average of 1.2 points in their last five games. On the season, New Orleans has defeated opponents by an average of 1.2 points.