Southeast Division foes will clash when the Miami Heat (29-24) challenge the Orlando Magic (15-36) at AmericanAirlines Arena. Tip-off is set for 7:30 p.m. ET on Monday, February 5, 2018, and it can be seen on Fox SportsNet Florida.
Orlando Magic vs. Miami Heat Odds Preview
The Magic fell to the Washington Wizards in their last contest, 115-98. Orlando’s Elfrid Payton finished with 14 points in the contest. Washington forced the Magic into a turnover percentage of 18.7 (above their season average of 12.9). Orlando, meanwhile, did a great job of converting from the charity stripe (20-22; 90.9 percent).
In the Heat’s last game, they were defeated by the Detroit Pistons, 111-107. Goran Dragic was the games leading scorer with 33 points on 13-for-23 shooting. Detroit did a fantastic job of making free throws (14-17; 82.4 percent). Miami, on the other hand, forced the Pistons into a turnover percentage of 15.7 (above their season average of 12.0).
Second-chance opportunities could be few and far between for Orlando in this contest. The Magic rank 23rd in offensive rebounding percentage (20.7 percent), while Miami ranks fourth in defensive rebounding percentage (79.5 percent).
Of Orlando’s 51 games, 28 have finished under the projected point total, while 31 of Miami’s 53 games have finished under the O/U total. The Heat come into this game with a significant advantage in terms of straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records. They are 29-24 SU and 26-25-2 ATS, while the Magic are 15-36 SU and 22-28-1 ATS.
Josh Richardson has been playing at a high level over the last five games for Miami, averaging 13.2 points, 3.8 assists, 1.6 blocks and 1.4 steals per game.
These two teams have already met three times this year, with the Heat leading the series two games to one. In the most recent game, the Magic lost 117-111, unable to cover as 1-point underdogs. Aaron Gordon led both teams with 39 points and also put up seven rebounds. The two teams combined to score 228 points, which was 22.5 points above the projected point total of 205.5 points. The Heat dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a fantastically low turnover percentage of 7.7 and a free throw rate of 0.170. The Magic were 12.0 and 0.136, respectively, for those same stats.
Orlando Magic vs. Miami Heat Betting Prediction
NBA Tip: SU Winner – Magic, ATS Winner – Magic, O/U – Under
- The Magic rank 12th in fast break points per game (12.9) while the Heat rank 28th (7.6).
- Orlando ranks 23rd in second chance points per game (10.8) while Miami ranks 26th (10.4).
- Miami ranks fifth in blocks per game (5.2) while Orlando ranks 18th in blocks allowed per game (5.0).
- On the road, Orlando is 14-13-1 ATS with 14 overs and 14 unders.
- Miami is 7-14-2 ATS at home with 13 unders, 9 overs and 1 push.
- In games where they hold opponents under 100 points, Orlando is 7-3 and Miami is 17-6.
- When reaching the century mark, the Heat are 20-8 and the Magic are 15-19.
- The Heat rank third in three pointers allowed per game (25.5) while the Magic rank seventh (26.4).
- Miami ranks second in assists allowed per game (20.0) while Orlando ranks 25th (24.4).
- The Heat rank eighth in rebounds allowed per game (42.1) while the Magic rank 28th (45.5).
- Miami ranks 14th in points allowed in the paint per game (43.5) while Orlando ranks last (49.8).
- Miami is 4-1 ATS with 4 unders and 1 over in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Orlando is 3-2 ATS with 3 overs and 2 unders.
- The Heat’s average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 0.2, down from 0.8 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Magic have scored an average of 108.6 points per game (3.1 above their season average) and allowed an average of 110.6 points per game (0.2 above their season average).