The Orlando Magic (8-12), who are currently riding an eight-game losing streak, will try to get back in the win column when they head to Bankers Life Fieldhouse to challenge the Indiana Pacers (11-9). Tip-off is set for 7 p.m. ET on Monday, November 27, 2017, and it can be seen on Fox SportsNet Florida.
Orlando Magic at Indiana Pacers Odds Preview
The Magic lost big to the Philadelphia 76ers in their last contest, 130-111. Orlando’s Elfrid Payton put together a good performance, leading the team in scoring with 22 points on 9-for-17 shooting. Philadelphia had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (24.4 vs. 14.3). Orlando, meanwhile, had a free throw rate of 0.244 (above their season average of 0.180).
In the Pacers last game, they were blown out by the Boston Celtics, 108-98. With 16 points, eight rebounds and five assists, Indiana’s Lance Stephenson had a good performance. Boston forced the Pacers into a turnover percentage of 18.3 (above their season average of 12.4). Indiana, on the other hand, had an offensive rebounding percentage of 27.8 (above their season average of 21.2).
Indiana could put on a ball-control clinic in this matchup. Indiana ranks fourth in the league at avoiding errors (turnover percentage of 13.8 percent), while Orlando forces the eighth-fewest turnovers (13.7 percent). Additionally, the Magic rank 22nd in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.183), while the Pacers rank first in opponents’ FTA rate (0.152).
Neither team has shown a tendency in terms of going over or under the O/U total. The Pacers come into this game with a substantial advantage in both straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records. They are 11-9 SU and 12-8 ATS, while the Magic are 8-12 SU and 9-10-1 ATS.
These teams have already met once this season. In that game, the two teams combined to score 202 points, well under the projected point total of 219. The Pacers won 105-97, covering as 4-point favorites. Indiana had a much better turnover percentage (10.5 vs. 18.9). Orlando, on the other hand, had a better offensive rebounding percentage (21.6 vs. 17.0). Victor Oladipo scored a game-high 29 points.
Orlando Magic at Indiana Pacers Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Magic, ATS Winner – Magic, O/U – Over
- The Pacers rank fourth in fast break points per game (14.7) while the Magic rank 17th in fast break points allowed per game (11.6).
- Orlando averages 5.0 blocks per game, which ranks 13th in the NBA. Indiana ranks 21st in blocks allowed per game (5.8).
- Indiana ranks 15th in rebounds allowed per game (43.4) while Orlando ranks 28th (46.8).
- Indiana averages 8.1 steals per game, which ranks 15th in the NBA. Orlando ranks 20th in steals allowed per game (8.3).
- Orlando is 6-5-1 ATS on the road, while Indiana is 5-4 ATS at home.
- The total has gone under in 6 of the Pacers 9 home games, while 7 of the Magic’s 12 road games have gone over.
- Indiana is 5-0 when they allow below 100 points, while Orlando is 5-1.
- In games where they score above 100 points, the Pacers are 10-4 and the Magic are 8-7.
- The Magic average 43.1 points in the paint per game, which ranks 16th in the NBA. The Pacers rank 27th in points allowed in the paint per game (49.0).
- Indiana ranks seventh in assists per game (23.5) while Orlando ranks 28th in assists allowed per game (24.9).
- The Pacers average 12.6 second chance points per game, which ranks 13th in the NBA. The Magic rank 29th in second chance points allowed per game (14.3).
- The Pacers rank eighth in points off turnovers per game (18.7) while the Magic rank 14th in points off turnovers allowed per game (17.0).
- Orlando ranks 12th in three pointers attempted per game (30.1) while Indiana ranks 25th (24.8).
- Indiana is 4-1 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Orlando is 1-4 ATS with 4 overs and 1 under.
- The Pacers average margin of victory in their last five games has been 6.6, up from 1.1 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Magic have scored an average of 102.8 points per game (4.5 below their season average) and allowed an average of 120.4 points per game (9.9 above their season average).