The Utah Jazz (33-30) will be at home in Vivint Smart Home Arena when they square off with the Orlando Magic (20-43). Utah opened as a 9.5-point favorite, while the Over/Under (O/U) for the game has been set at 206.5 points. Action begins at 9 p.m. ET on Monday, March 5, 2018, and it can be seen on Fox SportsNet Florida.
Orlando Magic vs. Utah Jazz Free Preview
The Magic defeated the Memphis Grizzlies in their last contest, 107-100. With 19 points and six rebounds, Orlando’s Nikola Vucevic had a good game. The Magic made 27 of their 33 free throws (81.8 percent) and held the Grizzlies to an effective field goal percentage of 0.441 (below their season average of 0.499).
The last time the Jazz played, they topped the Sacramento Kings, 98-91. Utah was lifted by Rudy Gobert, who put up 16 points and 12 rebounds. Utah dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a free throw rate of 0.232 (above their season average of 0.200) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.482 (below their season average of 0.522). For those same stats, Sacramento was 0.157 and 0.433, respectively.
It could be a tough game for Orlando on the offensive glass. The Magic rank 25th in offensive rebounding percentage (20.2 percent), while Utah ranks fourth in defensive rebounding percentage (79.8 percent).
Of Orlando’s 63 games, 35 have finished under the projected point total, while 33 of Utah’s 63 games have finished under the projected point total. The Jazz have the superior straight up (SU) record (33-30 vs. 20-43) and a slight edge against the spread (ATS) (32-31 vs. 29-32-2).
Gobert has been playing at a high level over the last five games for Utah, averaging 17.0 points, 11.6 rebounds and 2.0 blocks per game.
These teams have already met once this season. In that game, the two teams combined for 210 points, just over the projected point total of 207. The Jazz won 125-85, covering as 6-point underdogs. The Jazz played a nearly perfect game. They had a solid turnover percentage of 8.6 and a solid offensive rebounding percentage of 28.6. The Magic were 14.9 and 21.6, respectively, for those same stats. Derrick Favors recorded a double-double with 25 points and 11 rebounds.
Orlando Magic vs. Utah Jazz Free Prediction
Free NBA Pick: SU Winner – Jazz, ATS Winner – Magic, O/U – Under
- The Jazz rank seventh in rebounds allowed per game (42.0) while the Magic rank 26th (45.4).
- Utah ranks 14th in points off turnovers per game (16.6) while Orlando ranks 19th in points off turnovers allowed per game (17.4).
- Utah ranks third in fast break points allowed per game (9.7) while Orlando ranks 20th (12.3).
- Orlando is 17-14-1 ATS on the road, while Utah is 17-14 ATS at home.
- The total has gone over in 16 of the Magic’s 32 road games, while 19 of the Jazz’s 31 home games have gone under.
- When allowing under 100 points, Orlando is 9-3 and Utah is 21-5.
- The Jazz are 26-11 when they reach 100 points, while the Magic are 20-26.
- The Jazz rank third in steals per game (8.7) while the Magic rank 19th in steals allowed per game (7.9).
- Utah ranks fifth in points allowed in the paint per game (42.3) while Orlando ranks last (49.2).
- The Jazz rank first in assists allowed per game (20.1) while the Magic rank 26th (24.6).
- The Jazz average 4.8 blocks per game, which ranks 15th in the league. The Magic rank 18th in blocks allowed per game (5.0).
- Utah ranks third in second chance points allowed per game (10.7) while Orlando ranks 22nd (13.1).
- Utah is 1-4 ATS with 4 unders and 1 over in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Orlando is 2-2-1 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs.
- The Jazz have been outscored by an average of 1.6 points in their last five games. For the season, Utah has defeated opponents by an average of 1.5 points.
- During their last five games, the Magic have scored an average of 107.2 points per game (1.4 above their season average) and allowed an average of 110.2 points per game (0.2 above their season average).