The Orlando Magic (20-45) can put an end to a five-game road losing streak when they clash with the Sacramento Kings (20-45) at Golden 1 Center. Action starts at 10 p.m. ET on Friday, March 9, 2018, and it can be seen on Fox SportsNet Florida.
Orlando Magic vs. Sacramento Kings Betting Preview
The Magic lost a close one to the Los Angeles Lakers in their last outing, 108-107. Orlando’s Nikola Vucevic had a solid game, finishing with 24 points, 12 rebounds and six assists. Los Angeles had a better turnover percentage (13.0 vs. 14.9). Orlando, meanwhile, held the Lakers to an offensive rebounding percentage of 16.7 (below their season average of 24.1).
The last time the Kings played, they were beaten by the New Orleans Pelicans, 114-101. With 19 points and five rebounds, Zach Randolph played well for Sacramento. New Orleans made 11 of their 26 three pointers (42.3 percent). Sacramento, meanwhile, had a much better turnover percentage (8.2 vs. 15.5).
Of Orlando’s 65 games, 37 have finished under the O/U total, while 35 of Sacramento’s 65 games have finished over the O/U total. Both teams have very similar records straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS). The Magic are 20-45 SU and 30-33-2 ATS, while the Kings are 20-45 SU and 29-33-3 ATS.
These teams have already met once this season. The two teams combined to put up 204 points in that game, which was under the projected point total of 211. The Kings won 105-99, covering as 8-point underdogs. The Kings played a nearly perfect game. They had a turnover percentage of 13.1 and a superb offensive rebounding percentage of 27.5. For those same stats, the Magic were 15.7 and 25.0, respectively. Willie Cauley-Stein was a top performer in the victory, with 21 points, nine rebounds and five blocks.
Orlando Magic vs. Sacramento Kings ATS Prediction
Free Pick: SU Winner – Magic, ATS Winner – Magic, O/U – Under
- The Magic rank 14th in blocks per game (4.8) while the Kings rank 26th (4.1).
- Sacramento ranks 20th in second chance points per game (11.6) while Orlando ranks 26th (10.7).
- Sacramento averages 8.2 steals per game, which ranks eighth in the league. Orlando ranks 17th in steals allowed per game (7.9).
- Sacramento is 14-18 ATS at home, while Orlando is 18-15-1 ATS on the road.
- The total has gone under in 18 of the Magic’s 34 road games, while 18 of the Kings’ 32 home games have gone over.
- Sacramento is 12-5 when they hold opponents below 100 points, while Orlando is 9-4.
- In games where they score over 100 points, the Kings are 15-18 and the Magic are 20-27.
- The Magic rank 12th in fast break points per game (12.9) while the Kings rank 21st in fast break points allowed per game (12.4).
- Sacramento ranks seventh in points allowed in the paint per game (42.5) while Orlando ranks last (49.2).
- The Magic rank seventh in three pointers allowed per game (26.9) while the Kings rank 29th (31.8).
- Neither of these teams are great at rebounding the ball. The Magic are 25th in the league with 41.3 rebounds per game while the Kings are 29th with 40.4 rebounds per game.
- Orlando ranks ninth in assists per game (23.6) while Sacramento ranks 27th (21.2).
- Sacramento is 3-2 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Orlando is 2-2-1 ATS with 4 unders and 1 over.
- The Kings’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 5.8, down from 7.9 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Magic have scored an average of 102.6 points per game (2.8 below their season average) and allowed an average of 105.0 points per game (4.7 below their season average).