The Orlando Magic (8-11) and the Philadelphia 76ers (10-7) face off at Wells Fargo Center. The Magic will try to put an end to their seven-game losing streak. The Over/Under (O/U) for the game opened at 220 points with Philadelphia set as a 4.5-point favorite. Action gets underway at 7 p.m. ET on Saturday, November 25, 2017, and it can be seen on Fox SportsNet Florida.
Orlando Magic at Philadelphia 76ers Free Preview
In the Magic’s last game, they lost to the Boston Celtics, 118-103. Orlando’s Nikola Vucevic put together a good performance, putting up 12 points and 11 rebounds. Boston had a better free throw rate (0.187 vs. 0.126). Orlando, meanwhile, had an offensive rebounding percentage of 32.7 (above their season average of 18.4).
The 76ers will look to keep it rolling after blowing out the Portland Trail Blazers in their last contest, 101-81. With 28 points on 11-for-19 shooting, Joel Embiid led Philadelphia in scoring. The 76ers held the Trail Blazers to an effective field goal percentage of 0.376 (below their season average of 0.494) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 19.3 (below their season average of 26.0).
Philadelphia appears to have an edge on the offensive glass in this showdown. The 76ers currently rank ninth in offensive rebounding percentage (24.1 percent), while Orlando ranks 28th in defensive rebounding percentage (75.1 percent).
In terms of the O/U total, these teams are complete opposites. Orlando games have gone under 55.6 percent of the time, while games including Philadelphia have finished over 58.8 percent of the time. Looking at straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records, the 76ers have a sizable advantage. They are 10-7 SU and 13-4 ATS, while the Magic are 8-11 SU and 9-8-1 ATS.
Embiid has taken his game to another level over the last five games for Philadelphia, averaging 25.2 points, 11.4 rebounds, 3.4 assists and 2.4 blocks per game.
This is the first time these teams will battle this year, after the Magic won three out of four games last season. In the most recent contest, Orlando won 112-109. Orlando was effective at getting to and converting from the charity stripe. The Magic made 38 of their 46 free throws (82.6 percent), while the 76ers were 22-24 (91.7 percent).
Orlando Magic at Philadelphia 76ers ATS Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – 76ers, ATS Winner – Magic, O/U – Under
- The 76ers rank ninth in second chance points per game (13.4) while the Magic rank 27th (9.9).
- Philadelphia ranks sixth in steals per game (8.7) while Orlando ranks 19th in steals allowed per game (8.4).
- Orlando ranks eighth in blocks allowed per game (4.5) while Philadelphia ranks 25th (6.1).
- Philadelphia is 6-1 ATS at home, while Orlando is 6-3-1 ATS on the road.
- The total has gone over in 5 of the Magic’s 10 road games, while 4 of the 76ers 7 home games have gone under.
- In games where they allow less than 100 points, Orlando is 5-1 and Philadelphia is 4-0.
- The 76ers are 9-5 when they reach the century mark, while the Magic are 8-6.
- The Magic rank ninth in three pointers allowed per game (27.0) while the 76ers rank 25th (31.2).
- Philadelphia averages 48.6 rebounds per game, which ranks first in the league. Orlando ranks 24th in rebounds allowed per game (46.4).
- The 76ers rank sixth in points in the paint per game (47.1) while the Magic rank 28th in points allowed in the paint per game (50.1).
- The Magic rank 18th in points off turnovers per game (16.1) while the 76ers rank 21st in points off turnovers allowed per game (18.1).
- Philadelphia averages 25.9 assists per game, which ranks third in the NBA. Orlando ranks 25th in assists allowed per game (24.4).
- Philadelphia is 5-0 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Orlando is 2-2-1 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs.
- The 76ers average margin of victory in their last five games has been 8.6, up from 1.2 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Magic have scored an average of 99.4 points per game (7.7 below their season average) and allowed an average of 114.2 points per game (4.7 above their season average).