The Orlando Magic (12-29), who are currently on a five-game losing streak, will attempt to get back in the win column when they head to BMO Harris Bradley Center to meet the Milwaukee Bucks (21-18). The Over/Under (O/U) for the game has been set at 217.5 points with Milwaukee opening as a 10-point favorite. Tip-off is scheduled for 8 p.m. ET on Wednesday, January 10, 2018, and it can be seen on Fox SportsNet Florida.
Orlando Magic vs. Milwaukee Bucks Betting Preview
The Magic were beaten by the Dallas Mavericks in their last contest, 114-99. Orlando’s Marreese Speights contributed 13 points and 10 rebounds in the game. Dallas had a turnover percentage of 4.1 (better than their season average of 11.7). Orlando, meanwhile, held the Mavericks to an offensive rebounding percentage of 13.2 (below the 24.5 mark opponents have averaged against Orlando this season).
In the Bucks last matchup, they were defeated by the Indiana Pacers, 109-96. Khris Middleton was the top scorer from either team with 19 points on 6-for-14 shooting. Indiana held the Bucks to an offensive rebounding percentage of 13.5 (below their season average of 19.0). Milwaukee, on the other hand, did a fantastic job of getting to and converting from the free throw line (21-27; 77.8 percent).
Milwaukee appears to have the advantage on the offensive side of the ball. The Bucks currently rank seventh in offensive efficiency, while Orlando ranks 28th in defensive efficiency.
Of Orlando’s 40 games with betting action, 21 have finished under the projected point total, while 24 of Milwaukee’s 39 games have finished over the projected point total. The Bucks come into this game with a clear advantage in both straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records. They are 21-18 SU and 18-16-5 ATS, while the Magic are 12-29 SU and 14-25-1 ATS.
This is the first time these teams will go head-to-head this year, after the Bucks won two out of three matchups last season. In the most recent matchup, Orlando won 112-96. The Magic played a flawless game. They had a great offensive rebounding percentage of 31.8 and a phenomenally low turnover percentage of 8.2. The Bucks had marks of 20.4 and 11.3, respectively, for those same stats.
Orlando Magic vs. Milwaukee Bucks Odds Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Bucks, ATS Winner – Bucks, O/U – Over
- The Bucks rank fifth in points off turnovers allowed per game (14.7) while the Magic rank 22nd (17.7).
- Milwaukee ranks second in blocks allowed per game (3.8) while Orlando ranks 15th (4.8).
- Milwaukee averages 22.9 assists per game, which ranks 11th in the league. Orlando ranks 27th in assists allowed per game (24.7).
- Milwaukee ranks 15th in second chance points allowed per game (12.1) while Orlando ranks 25th (13.4).
- Orlando is 8-12-1 ATS on the road with 11 overs and 10 unders.
- Milwaukee is 8-9-3 ATS at home with 12 overs, 7 unders and 1 push.
- In games where they allow less than 100 points, Milwaukee is 8-2 and Orlando is 6-3.
- When reaching the century mark, the Bucks are 17-11 and the Magic are 12-14.
- The Bucks average 8.4 steals per game, which ranks seventh in the league. The Magic rank 20th in steals allowed per game (8.0).
- Milwaukee ranks sixth in rebounds allowed per game (41.7) while Orlando ranks last (46.4).
- The Bucks rank seventh in points in the paint per game (47.4) while the Magic rank 29th in points allowed in the paint per game (48.5).
- The Magic rank 13th in three pointers attempted per game (29.4) while the Bucks rank 26th (24.5).
- Milwaukee ranks first in fast break points allowed per game (7.7) while Orlando ranks 22nd (12.5).
- Milwaukee is 3-2 ATS with 3 overs, 1 under and 1 push in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Orlando is 2-3 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs.
- The Bucks average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 1.6, up from 0.5 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Magic have scored an average of 106.0 points per game (1.0 above their season average) and allowed an average of 115.2 points per game (4.4 above their season average).