The Chicago Bulls (9-20) will attempt to lengthen their six-game winning streak against the stumbling Orlando Magic (11-20) at United Center. Chicago is a 5-point favorite on the opening line, while the Over/Under (O/U) for the game opened at 210 points. Action starts at 8 p.m. ET on Wednesday, December 20, 2017, and it can be seen on Fox SportsNet Florida.
Orlando Magic at Chicago Bulls Odds Preview
The Magic were beaten by the Detroit Pistons in their last contest, 114-110. Orlando’s Nikola Vucevic recorded 24 points, 14 rebounds and seven assists in the game. Detroit had a better turnover percentage (11.9 vs. 14.7). Orlando, meanwhile, held the Pistons to an offensive rebounding percentage of 17.9 (below their season average of 24.2).
The last time the Bulls played, they topped the Philadelphia 76ers, 117-115. Chicago received a boost from Nikola Mirotic, who finished with 22 points and 13 rebounds. The Bulls forced 20 turnovers, while the 76ers had a free throw rate of 0.143 (below their season average of 0.203).
Chicago could put on a ball-control clinic in this meeting. Chicago ranks fifth in the NBA at avoiding errors (turnover percentage of 13.2 percent), while Orlando forces the sixth-fewest turnovers (13.7 percent). Furthermore, second chance points figure to be rare for the Magic. They rank 27th in the league in offensive rebounding percentage at 19.1 percent, while the Bulls are third-best on the defensive glass (defensive rebounding percentage of 81.1 percent).
Of Orlando’s 31 games, 16 have finished over the O/U total, while 15 of Chicago’s 29 games have finished under the O/U total. The Magic hold the significant advantage straight up (SU) (11-20 vs. 9-20), but the Bulls have the superior against the spread (ATS) record (15-11-3 vs. 12-18-1).
The Magic’s Vucevic (22.8 points, 14.4 rebounds, 4.0 assists, 2.4 blocks and 1.8 steals) and Jonathon Simmons (20.0 points, 5.6 rebounds and 3.4 assists) have been playing at a high level over their last five games. Meanwhile, the Bulls have gotten solid contributions from Kris Dunn (15.8 points, 7.8 assists and 2.4 steals) and Mirotic (20.0 points and 6.2 rebounds).
These teams have already met once this season. The two teams combined to score 188 points in that game, which was well under the projected point total of 204. The Bulls won 105-83, covering as 8-point underdogs. The Bulls dominated every stat category in the game. They had a free throw rate of 0.129 and an offensive rebounding percentage of 22.5. The Magic were 0.035 and 15.2, respectively, for those same stats. Evan Fournier scored a game-high 21 points.
Orlando Magic vs. Chicago Bulls Free Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Magic, ATS Winner – Magic, O/U – Over
- The Magic rank fourth in three pointers allowed per game (26.5) while the Bulls rank 23rd (30.3).
- Orlando is 25th in the league with 15.4 points off turnovers per game while Chicago is 28th with 14.3 points off turnovers per game.
- Orlando ranks 12th in blocks per game (5.0) while Chicago ranks 27th (3.6).
- Chicago is 7-5-2 ATS at home, while Orlando is 8-8-1 ATS on the road.
- The Magic have 10 overs and 7 unders in 17 road games.
- The Bulls have 9 unders and 5 overs in 14 home games.
- In games where they allow below 100 points, Orlando is 5-2 and Chicago is 3-5.
- When reaching 100 points, the Magic are 11-11 and the Bulls are 8-6.
- The Magic rank 13th in points in the paint per game (44.5) while the Bulls rank 28th (39.0).
- Orlando averages 23.7 assists per game, which ranks fifth in the league. Chicago ranks 26th in assists allowed per game (24.5).
- The Bulls rank sixth in second chance points allowed per game (11.0) while the Magic rank 26th (13.5).
- The Magic rank 13th in fast break points per game (11.1) while the Bulls rank 15th in fast break points allowed per game (11.2).
- Chicago ranks ninth in rebounds per game (44.6) while Orlando ranks 29th in rebounds allowed per game (46.2).
- Chicago is 5-0 ATS with 4 overs and 1 under in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Orlando is 1-4 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs.
- The Bulls have outscored opponents by an average of 7.2 points in their last five games. On the season, Chicago has lost by an average of 7.3 points.
- During their last five games, the Magic have scored an average of 98.4 points per game (7.7 below their season average) and allowed an average of 107.0 points per game (3.2 below their season average).