The Kent State Golden Flashes (5-6) will try to snap the six-game winning streak of Oregon State when they welcome the Beavers (8-3) to Memorial A & C Center. The games Over/Under (O/U) opened at 142.5 points with Oregon State set as a 2-point favorite. Action gets underway at 7 p.m. ET on Thursday, December 21, 2017.
Oregon State Beavers at Kent State Golden Flashes Odds Preview
The last time the Beavers played, they won a close one over the Saint Louis Billikens, 63-60. Tres Tinkle led Oregon State in scoring with 16 points on 5-for-11 shooting. Oregon State played a nearly perfect game. They had a fantastic free throw rate of 0.413 (above their season average of 0.312) and a turnover percentage of 17.0 (better than their season average of 17.5). Saint Louis recorded marks of 0.240 and 20.1, respectively, for those same stats.
The Golden Flashes are trying to rebound after their 81-69 loss to the Northeastern Huskies in their last game. With 18 points, Kent State’s Kevin Zabo played well. Northeastern did a fantastic job of converting from the free throw line (20-23; 87.0 percent). Kent State, on the other hand, forced the Huskies into a turnover percentage of 25.3 (above their season average of 18.0).
Kent State appears to have an advantage on the offensive glass in this showdown. The Golden Flashes are among the nations elite on the offensive glass, ranking 78th in offensive rebounding percentage at 33.6 percent. Meanwhile, Oregon State ranks 206th in the NCAA at corralling defensive rebounds with a defensive rebounding percentage of 70.6 percent.
Of Oregon State’s 10 games that accepted bets, five have finished over the projected point total, while 4 of Kent State’s 7 games have finished under the projected point total. Looking at straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records, the Beavers have a sizable advantage. They are 8-3 SU and 3-8 ATS, while the Golden Flashes are 5-6 SU and 2-5 ATS.
Jalen Avery has really been playing well over the last five games for Kent State, averaging 13.2 points and 3.8 assists per game.
This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams. The Beavers won the only contest played against each other last season, 69-50. Oregon State had a much better free throw rate (0.239 vs. 0.092). Kent State, meanwhile, had a much better turnover percentage (16.0 vs. 31.0).
Oregon State Beavers at Kent State Golden Flashes Betting Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Kent State, ATS Winner – Kent State, O/U – Under
- The Golden Flashes rank 160th in three pointers attempted per game (21.7) while the Beavers rank 238th (18.3).
- Oregon State ranks 47th in blocks allowed per game (2.7) while Kent State ranks 64th (3.0).
- On the road, Oregon State is 2-2 ATS with 3 unders and 1 over.
- Kent State is 1-1 ATS at home with 1 over and 1 under.
- Kent State ranks 26th in steals allowed per game (5.0) while Oregon State ranks 138th (7.0).
- The Beavers rank 29th in assists allowed per game (10.8) while the Golden Flashes rank 130th (13.5).
- Oregon State ranks 31st in rebounds allowed per game (31.3) while Kent State ranks 115th (34.4).
- Kent State is 1-3 ATS with 2 overs and 2 unders in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Oregon State is 1-4 ATS with 2 overs and 2 unders.
- The Golden Flashes have been outscored by an average of 5.6 points in their last five games. On the season, Kent State has defeated opponents by an average of 3.1 points.
- During their last five games, the Beavers have scored an average of 74.0 points per game (1.9 below their season average) and allowed an average of 64.6 points per game (4.8 below their season average).