Pac-12 foes will collide when the No. 11 Arizona State Sun Devils (13-3, 1-3 Pac-12) challenge the Oregon State Beavers (10-6, 2-2 Pac-12) at Wells-Fargo Arena. Action starts at 6 p.m. ET on Saturday, January 13, 2018, and it can be seen on Pac-12 Network.
Oregon State Beavers vs. Arizona State Sun Devils ATS Preview
In the Beavers last matchup, they lost to the No. 17 Arizona Wildcats, 62-53. With 18 points on 7-for-15 shooting, Tres Tinkle led Oregon State in scoring. Arizona’s free throw rate was their biggest advantage over Oregon State. The Wildcats had a rate of 0.226 (below their season average of 0.301), while the Beavers posted a mark of 0.054 (below their season average of 0.315).
The Sun Devils are trying to rebound after their 76-72 loss to the Oregon Ducks in their last matchup. Kodi Justice was the games leading scorer with 21 points on 6-for-12 shooting. Oregon had an offensive rebounding percentage of 39.5 (above their season average of 32.0). Arizona State, meanwhile, did a great job of getting to and converting from the charity stripe (22-31; 71.0 percent).
The prolific offense of Arizona State will battle against the mid-tier defense of Oregon State. The Sun Devils currently rank sixth in offensive efficiency, while the Beavers are 135th in defensive efficiency. The Sun Devils figure to have the advantage on that end of the court. ,
This is the first time these teams will clash this year, after the Sun Devils won the lone game last season, 81-68. The Sun Devils played a nearly perfect game. They had a turnover percentage of 10.8 and a fantastic free throw rate of 0.377. The Beavers were 21.4 and 0.259, respectively, for those same stats.
Oregon State Beavers vs. Arizona State Sun Devils Betting Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Oregon State, ATS Winner – Oregon State, O/U – Under
- The Sun Devils rank 28th in steals allowed per game (5.2) while the Beavers rank 110th (6.6).
- Oregon State ranks 42nd in blocks allowed per game (2.8) while Arizona State ranks 84th (3.4).
- Arizona State ranks 61st in three pointers attempted per game (25.1) while Oregon State ranks 250th (17.8).
- The Beavers rank 37th in assists allowed per game (11.3) while the Sun Devils rank 185th (14.9).
- Oregon State ranks 49th in rebounds allowed per game (32.2) while Arizona State ranks 144th (35.4).
- The Sun Devils average margin of victory in their last five games has been 4.6, down from 14.1 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Beavers have scored an average of 69.4 points per game (4.5 below their season average) and allowed an average of 65.6 points per game (2.6 below their season average).