The No. 5 Wisconsin Badgers (23-10) will be 2.5-point favorites in the First Round of the NCAA Tournament at SAP Center at San Jose when they take on the No. 12 Oregon Ducks (23-12). The game’s Over/Under (O/U) opened at 116.5 points and it is scheduled to start at 4:30 p.m. ET on Friday, March 22, 2019.
Oregon Ducks vs. Wisconsin Badgers ATS Odds
In their last contest, the Badgers lost to the sixth-ranked Michigan State Spartans, 67-55, while the Ducks dismantled the Washington Huskies, 68-48.
Oregon played a nearly flawless game. They had an extraordinary free throw rate of 0.500 (above their season average of 0.212) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.600 (above their season average of 0.515). For those same stats, Washington was 0.130 and 0.380, respectively. Wisconsin, meanwhile, had a turnover percentage of 6.5 (better than their season average of 13.1). Wisconsin was led by Ethan Happ, who had 20 points and six rebounds. Meanwhile, Payton Pritchard played a key role for Oregon with 20 points, seven assists and six rebounds.
Games including the Ducks have typically gone under the total (65.7 percent). Oregon heads into the game with records of 23-12 straight up (SU) and 20-15 against the spread (ATS).
Games including the Badgers also have typically gone under the O/U total (57.6 percent). Moreover, Wisconsin is 23-10 SU and 16-15-2 ATS.
Baskets could be hard to come by in this contest between two of the NCAA’s premier defenses. Wisconsin currently ranks 10th in defensive efficiency (93.6) and Oregon is 30th (95.9).
Oregon Ducks vs. Wisconsin Badgers ATS Pick
Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Wisconsin, ATS Winner – Oregon, O/U – Over
- Oregon ranks 33rd in steals per game (7.8) while Wisconsin ranks 226th (5.1).
- The Badgers rank 14th in assists allowed per game (10.3) while the Ducks rank 73rd (11.9).
- The Badgers rank 60th in three pointers allowed per game (20.2) while the Ducks rank 238th (24.0).
- Oregon ranks 54th in blocks per game (4.2) while Wisconsin ranks 195th in blocks allowed per game (4.0).
- During their last five games, the Ducks have scored an average of 70.4 points per game (0.1 below their season average) and allowed an average of 55.0 points per game (7.9 below their season average).
- The Badgers’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 4.4, down from 7.6 for the season.