The Fresno State Bulldogs (9-2) and the Oregon Ducks (8-3) square off at Save Mart Center. The Bulldogs look to extend their seven-game winning streak. Tip-off is set for 6 p.m. ET on Saturday, December 16, 2017, and it can be seen on CBS Sports Network.
Oregon Ducks vs. Fresno State Bulldogs Free Preview
In the Ducks last matchup, they beat the Portland State Vikings, 95-84. Elijah Brown led Oregon in scoring with 22 points on 6-for-16 shooting. Oregon played a nearly perfect game. They had a solid free throw rate of 0.313 (above their season average of 0.245) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.586 (above their season average of 0.550). Portland State put up marks of 0.203 and 0.466, respectively, for those same stats.
The Bulldogs will look to keep it rolling after thoroughly outplaying the UAPB Golden Lions in their last matchup, 78-52. Fresno State rallied around Sam Bittner, who finished with 15 points. Fresno State dominated every stat category in the game. They had a free throw rate of 0.235 (below their season average of 0.302) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.647 (above their season average of 0.572). UAPB was 0.113 and 0.434, respectively, for those same stats.
This showdown pits one of the nation’s top offenses against one of its elite defenses. Fresno State currently ranks 10th in offensive efficiency and Oregon ranks 54th in defensive efficiency. It will also be a battle of conflicting paces as the fast-breaking Ducks rank 28th in possessions per game, while the slower-paced Bulldogs rank 288th.
This is the first time these teams will battle this year, after the Ducks won the sole game last season, 75-63. The Ducks dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a ridiculous free throw rate of 0.423 and a turnover percentage of 15.5. For those same stats, the Bulldogs recorded marks of 0.161 and 20.4, respectively.
Oregon Ducks at Fresno State Bulldogs Odds Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Oregon, ATS Winner – Oregon, O/U – Under
- The Ducks rank 11th in blocks per game (5.7) while the Bulldogs rank 130th (3.1).
- Fresno State ranks 26th in steals per game (8.3) while Oregon ranks 116th (6.3).
- Oregon ranks 28th in three pointers attempted per game (26.9) while Fresno State ranks 223rd (18.5).
- The Ducks rank 33rd in rebounds per game (39.8) while the Bulldogs rank 193rd (34.8).
- Oregon ranks 28th in assists per game (17.0) while Fresno State ranks 150th (13.5).
- The Bulldogs average margin of victory in their last five games has been 21.8, up from 15.0 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Ducks have scored an average of 82.8 points per game (3.1 below their season average) and allowed an average of 76.0 points per game (5.3 above their season average).