The Penn State Nittany Lions (5-1) will be at home in Bryce Jordan Center when they clash with the Oral Roberts Golden Eagles (1-4). Penn State opened as a 21.5-point favorite, while the Over/Under (O/U) for the game has been set at 148 points. Action starts at 3 p.m. ET on Friday, November 24, 2017.
Oral Roberts Golden Eagles vs. Penn State Nittany Lions Betting Preview
The Golden Eagles lost to the Pepperdine Waves in their last contest, 80-76. With 17 points on 7-for-13 shooting, Emmanuel Nzekwesi led Oral Roberts in scoring. Getting to the charity stripe was one of Pepperdine’s largest strengths. They had 26 free throw attempts, while Oral Roberts had 17.
In the Nittany Lions last matchup, they were defeated by the No. 16 Texas A&M Aggies, 98-87. With 25 points, seven rebounds and five assists, Lamar Stevens played well for Penn State. Texas A&M had an offensive rebounding percentage of 39.1 (above their season average of 32.0). Penn State, meanwhile, had a turnover percentage of 12.0 (better than their season average of 17.4).
Oral Roberts might struggle to put up points as they go head-to-head against one of the NCAA’s best defenses. Penn State ranks 75th in defensive efficiency, while the Golden Eagles rank 189th in offensive efficiency dating back to the 2016-17 season.
Of Oral Roberts 4 games with betting action, two have finished over the O/U total, while 3 of Penn State’s 4 games have finished under the O/U total. Looking at straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records, the Nittany Lions have a substantial advantage. They are 5-1 SU and 3-1 ATS, while the Golden Eagles are 1-4 SU and 1-3 ATS.
Oral Roberts Golden Eagles at Penn State Nittany Lions ATS Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Penn State, ATS Winner – Oral Roberts, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Nittany Lions rank 111th in three pointers allowed per game (20.3) while the Golden Eagles rank 261st (23.3).
- Penn State ranks 177th in rebounds per game (35.7) while Oral Roberts ranks 247th in rebounds allowed per game (36.9).
- Penn State ranks 44th in steals per game (7.4) while Oral Roberts ranks 232nd (5.4).
- The Nittany Lions rank seventh in blocks per game (5.6) while the Golden Eagles rank 182nd (3.0).
- Penn State ranks 143rd in assists allowed per game (13.1) while Oral Roberts ranks 301st (15.9).