The Missouri State Bears, 6-point favorites, welcome the Oral Roberts Golden Eagles to JQH Arena to open the new season. The game’s Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 142 points and action begins at 8 p.m. ET on Tuesday, November 6, 2018.
Oral Roberts Golden Eagles at Missouri State Bears ATS Odds
Neither team made the tournament last season. Missouri State went 18-15 in the regular season while Oral Roberts finished 11-21.
The Golden Eagles won the only contest between these two teams last season, 73-66. Oral Roberts’ free throw rate was their largest advantage over Missouri State. The Golden Eagles had a rate of 0.245, while the Bears posted a mark of 0.123.
Last season, the Golden Eagles had records of 11-21 straight up (SU) and 11-16-1 against the spread (ATS). Games featuring Oral Roberts have a tendency to finish over the projected point total (67.9 percent).
The Bears had a respectable 18-15 SU record last season, but struggled covering the spread (12-16-2 ATS). Games involving Missouri State had a tendency to go over the O/U total (70.0 percent).
From an effective field goal percentage perspective, Missouri State should have a considerable advantage. Last season, the Bears defense ranked 32nd in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.471), while the Oral Roberts offense ranked 270th in effective field goal percentage (0.492). Also, the Golden Eagles, who ranked sixth in offensive rebounding percentage (36.4 percent), will face a difficult challenge against the Bears, who ranked 51st in defensive rebounding percentage (74.5 percent).
Oral Roberts Golden Eagles at Missouri State Bears Betting Pick
College Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – Missouri State, ATS Winner – Missouri State, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2017-Present):
- Missouri State ranks 43rd in assists allowed per game (11.5) while Oral Roberts ranks 302nd (16.6).
- The Golden Eagles rank 199th in steals per game (5.4) while the Bears rank 260th (4.6).
- Missouri State ranks 172nd in three pointers attempted per game (21.4) while Oral Roberts ranks 201st in three pointers allowed per game (22.8).
- The Bears rank 33rd in rebounds per game (38.7) while the Golden Eagles rank 171st in rebounds allowed per game (35.1).
- Missouri State averages 4.1 blocks per game, which ranks 67th in the NCAA. Oral Roberts ranks 173rd in blocks allowed per game (3.6).