Summit foes will battle when the South Dakota Coyotes (15-5, 3-1 Summit) challenge the Oral Roberts Golden Eagles (7-13, 3-2 Summit) at Sanford Coyote Sports Center. South Dakota is a 10-point favorite on the opening line, while the Over/Under (O/U) for the game opened at 144.5 points. Action gets underway at 8 p.m. ET on Wednesday, January 17, 2018, and it can be seen on ESPN Full Court.
Oral Roberts Golden Eagles vs. South Dakota Coyotes Odds Preview
The Golden Eagles lost big to the North Dakota State Bison in their last outing, 82-64. Emmanuel Nzekwesi had a good performance for Oral Roberts, leading both teams in scoring with 23 points on 7-for-14 shooting. North Dakota State had an effective field goal percentage of 0.642 (above their season average of 0.558). Oral Roberts, on the other hand, had a turnover percentage of 10.0 (better than their season average of 16.6).
The last time the Coyotes played, they defeated the Fort Wayne Mastodons, 68-58. South Dakota’s Tyler Hagedorn had a good outing, finishing with 12 points and 11 rebounds. South Dakota dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a fantastic offensive rebounding percentage of 32.5 (above their season average of 31.5) and a turnover percentage of 15.8 (worse than their season average of 14.9). For those same stats, Fort Wayne was 21.4 and 19.1, respectively.
From an effective field goal percentage perspective, South Dakota figures to have a significant advantage. The Coyotes defense ranks 31st in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.462), while the Oral Roberts offense is ranked 290th in effective field goal percentage (0.482).
Of Oral Roberts 17 games that accepted bets, 11 have finished over the O/U total, while 8 of South Dakota’s 15 games have finished over the projected point total. The Coyotes hold the substantial advantage straight up (SU) (15-5 vs. 7-13), but the Golden Eagles have the better against the spread (ATS) record (10-7 vs. 9-6).
This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams. Each won one of the two games played against each other last season. In the last contest, the Coyotes won 86-72. The Coyotes dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had an absurd free throw rate of 0.400 and a solid effective field goal percentage of 0.582. For those same stats, the Golden Eagles were 0.321 and 0.482, respectively.
Oral Roberts Golden Eagles at South Dakota Coyotes Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – South Dakota, ATS Winner – Oral Roberts, O/U – Over
- Oral Roberts is 5-7 ATS on the road, while South Dakota is 1-4 ATS at home.
- The Golden Eagles have 7 overs and 5 unders in 12 road games.
- The Coyotes have 3 overs and 2 unders in 5 home games.
- South Dakota ranks 37th in assists allowed per game (11.3) while Oral Roberts ranks 239th (17.1).
- The Coyotes rank 64th in rebounds per game (38.3) while the Golden Eagles rank 178th in rebounds allowed per game (36.1).
- South Dakota ranks 72nd in steals per game (7.0) while Oral Roberts ranks 121st in steals allowed per game (6.6).
- South Dakota is 1-3 ATS with 2 overs and 2 unders in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Oral Roberts is 4-1 ATS with 3 overs and 2 unders.
- The Coyotes average margin of victory in their last five games has been 14.8, up from 13.6 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Golden Eagles have scored an average of 77.8 points per game (6.6 above their season average) and allowed an average of 72.0 points per game (5.8 below their season average).