Summit foes will battle when the North Dakota State Bison (9-8, 1-2 Summit) challenge the Oral Roberts Golden Eagles (7-12, 3-1 Summit) at Scheels Center. Tip-off is set for 3 p.m. ET on Saturday, January 13, 2018, and it can be seen on ESPN Full Court.
Oral Roberts Golden Eagles at North Dakota State Bison Betting Preview
The last time the Golden Eagles played, they lost a close one to the South Dakota State Jackrabbits, 78-75. Oral Roberts Javan White recorded 13 points and eight rebounds in the contest. South Dakota State did a fantastic job of converting from the free throw line (16-19; 84.2 percent). Oral Roberts, on the other hand, had a turnover percentage of 5.3 (better than their season average of 17.2).
The Bison are hoping for a better outcome after their 67-61 loss to the Denver Pioneers in their last game. With 11 points and 10 rebounds, Tyson Ward played well for North Dakota State. Denver held the Bison to an offensive rebounding percentage of 11.4 (below their season average of 22.6). North Dakota State, on the other hand, had a much better free throw rate (0.204 vs. 0.069).
From an effective field goal percentage perspective, North Dakota State figures to have a significant edge. The upper-echelon Bison offense ranks 38th in the NCAA in that metric at 0.558, while the bottom-tier Oral Roberts defense is ranked 278th in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.526). Furthermore, the Golden Eagles, who rank 26th in offensive rebounding percentage (35.4 percent), will face a tough test against the Bison, who rank 33rd in defensive rebounding percentage (75.4 percent).
Paul Miller has been playing at a high level over the last five games for North Dakota State, averaging 23.6 points, 5.4 rebounds and 3.4 assists per game.
This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams, after the Bison won both contests last season. In the last matchup, North Dakota State won 82-80. North Dakota State had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (31.7 vs. 17.9). Oral Roberts, on the other hand, had a better turnover percentage (7.6 vs. 8.5).
Oral Roberts Golden Eagles at North Dakota State Bison Betting Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – North Dakota State, ATS Winner – North Dakota State, O/U – Under
- The Bison rank 34th in steals allowed per game (5.3) while the Golden Eagles rank 114th (6.7).
- Oral Roberts ranks 79th in rebounds per game (37.9) while North Dakota State ranks 98th in rebounds allowed per game (33.9).
- North Dakota State ranks 18th in assists allowed per game (10.4) while Oral Roberts ranks 229th (17.1).
- The Bison rank 90th in three pointers attempted per game (23.9) while the Golden Eagles rank 236th (18.5).
- North Dakota State ranks 36th in blocks allowed per game (2.6) while Oral Roberts ranks 132nd (4.3).
- The Bison’s average margin of victory in their last five games has been 10.6, up from 5.6 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Golden Eagles have scored an average of 77.6 points per game (6.0 above their season average) and allowed an average of 71.0 points per game (6.5 below their season average).