The FGCU Eagles (7-4) will be at home in Alico Arena when they meet the Oral Roberts Golden Eagles (3-9). Action gets underway at 8:15 p.m. ET on Saturday, December 16, 2017, and it can be seen on ESPN 3.
Oral Roberts Golden Eagles at FGCU Eagles Betting Preview
The last time the Golden Eagles played, they beat the Missouri State Bears, 73-66. With 13 points, eight assists and six rebounds, Sam Kearns played well for Oral Roberts. Oral Roberts played a nearly flawless game. They had a free throw rate of 0.245 (above their season average of 0.197) and a turnover percentage of 10.6 (better than their season average of 17.0). Missouri State had marks of 0.123 and 14.0, respectively, for those same stats.
The Eagles will look to keep it rolling after topping the UT Arlington Mavericks in their last game, 85-78. With 23 points on 7-for-17 shooting, Brandon Goodwin was FGCU’s high scorer. FGCU played a nearly perfect game. They had a ridiculous free throw rate of 0.373 (above their season average of 0.280) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.647 (above their season average of 0.542). UT Arlington put up marks of 0.228 and 0.570, respectively, for those same stats.
The prolific offense of FGCU (34th in the nation with an offensive efficiency of 115.4) will clash against the porous defense of Oral Roberts (332nd in the nation with a defensive efficiency of 113.8). The Eagles should have the advantage on that side of the ball.
Javan White has been excellent over the last five games for Oral Roberts, averaging 14.6 points and 11.8 rebounds per game.
Oral Roberts Golden Eagles vs. FGCU Eagles Odds Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – FGCU, ATS Winner – FGCU, O/U – Under
- The Eagles rank 58th in steals per game (7.4) while the Golden Eagles rank 118th in steals allowed per game (6.4).
- FGCU ranks 220th in three pointers attempted per game (18.6) while Oral Roberts ranks 232nd (18.2).
- FGCU ranks 33rd in rebounds per game (39.8) while Oral Roberts ranks 243rd in rebounds allowed per game (38.8).
- The Eagles rank 44th in assists allowed per game (11.5) while the Golden Eagles rank 239th (17.3).
- FGCU ranks 34th in blocks allowed per game (2.6) while Oral Roberts ranks 161st (4.2).
- The Eagles average margin of victory in their last five games has been 15.2, up from 11.6 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Golden Eagles have scored an average of 68.2 points per game (0.1 below their season average) and allowed an average of 73.8 points per game (5.4 below their season average).