The Arkansas Razorbacks (8-2) will be at home in Bud Walton Arena when they go head-to-head against the Oral Roberts Golden Eagles (4-9). Arkansas is a 23-point favorite on the opening line, while the games Over/Under (O/U) opened at 152.5 points. Action starts at 8 p.m. ET on Tuesday, December 19, 2017.
Oral Roberts Golden Eagles at Arkansas Razorbacks ATS Preview
The last time the Golden Eagles played, they easily got past the FGCU Eagles, 83-64. With 24 points and 11 rebounds, Oral Roberts Emmanuel Nzekwesi had a solid outing. Oral Roberts played a flawless game. They had a ridiculous offensive rebounding percentage of 58.6 (above their season average of 32.1) and a free throw rate of 0.175 (below their season average of 0.200). FGCU was 25.8 and 0.093, respectively, for those same stats.
The Razorbacks hope to keep it rolling after blowing out the Troy Trojans in their last game, 88-63. With 25 points on 8-for-14 shooting, Daryl Macon was the games high scorer. Arkansas played a nearly flawless game. They had a fantastically low turnover percentage of 7.7 (better than their season average of 13.1) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.594 (above their season average of 0.557). For those same stats, Troy recorded marks of 12.5 and 0.373, respectively.
The high-octane offense of Arkansas (40th in the nation with an offensive efficiency of 116.2) will battle against the bottom-tier defense of Oral Roberts (323rd in the nation with a defensive efficiency of 112.6). The Razorbacks figure to have the edge on that side of the ball.
Games including these teams tend to go over the O/U total. Oral Roberts games have gone over 70.0 percent of the time, while Arkansas games have gone over 60.0 percent of the time. Looking at straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records, the Razorbacks have a clear advantage. They are 8-2 SU and 7-3 ATS, while the Golden Eagles are 4-9 SU and 5-5 ATS.
Javan White has taken his game to another level over the last five games for Oral Roberts, averaging 16.2 points, 12.0 rebounds and 1.2 steals per game.
Oral Roberts Golden Eagles vs. Arkansas Razorbacks Betting Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Arkansas, ATS Winner – Oral Roberts, O/U – Under
- The Razorbacks rank 179th in three pointers attempted per game (20.4) while the Golden Eagles rank 238th (17.8).
- Arkansas averages 35.7 rebounds per game, which ranks 148th in the nation. Oral Roberts ranks 198th in rebounds allowed per game (37.4).
- Arkansas averages 16.6 assists per game, which ranks 37th in the nation. Oral Roberts ranks 218th in assists allowed per game (17.3).
- The Razorbacks rank 27th in blocks per game (5.2) while the Golden Eagles rank 129th in blocks allowed per game (4.0).
- Arkansas ranks 27th in steals allowed per game (5.1) while Oral Roberts ranks 94th (6.4).
- The Razorbacks average margin of victory in their last five games has been 15.2, up from 14.1 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Golden Eagles have scored an average of 71.2 points per game (1.7 above their season average) and allowed an average of 71.2 points per game (6.8 below their season average).