The South Dakota State Jackrabbits (18-6, 6-1 Summit) look to continue a seven-game home winning streak when they welcome the Omaha Mavericks (7-16, 2-5 Summit) to Frost Arena. South Dakota State opened as a 14.5-point favorite, while the games Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 165 points. Tip-off is set for 8 p.m. ET on Tuesday, January 30, 2018, and it can be seen on ESPN Full Court.
Omaha Mavericks at South Dakota State Jackrabbits Odds Preview
In the Mavericks last matchup, they were beaten by the North Dakota State Bison, 73-58. Omaha’s Zach Jackson had a solid performance, contributing 10 points. North Dakota State had an offensive rebounding percentage of 33.3 (above their season average of 23.6). Omaha, on the other hand, did a fantastic job of making free throws (13-14; 92.9 percent).
The Jackrabbits come in on a high note after edging the Fort Wayne Mastodons in their last game, 78-76. With 23 points on 7-for-20 shooting, Mike Daum was the top scorer from either team. South Dakota State dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a free throw rate of 0.191 (below their season average of 0.270) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 31.8 (above their season average of 24.7). For those same stats, Fort Wayne was 0.081 and 20.0, respectively.
South Dakota State could have their way on the offensive side of the ball as their high-octane offense squares off against one of the nations worst defenses. The Jackrabbits currently rank 14th in offensive efficiency, while Omaha ranks 323rd in defensive efficiency. Furthermore, second chance points could be few and far between for the Mavericks. They rank 274th in the NCAA in offensive rebounding percentage at 25.9 percent, while the Jackrabbits are fifth-best on the defensive glass (defensive rebounding percentage of 77.9 percent).
Of Omaha’s 21 games with betting action, 11 have finished under the O/U total, while 11 of South Dakota State’s 18 games have finished over the O/U total. The Jackrabbits hold a sizable advantage in terms of straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records. They are 18-6 SU and 11-7 ATS, while the Mavericks are 7-16 SU and 9-11-1 ATS.
These teams have already met once this season. The two teams combined for 189 points in that game, which was well over the projected point total of 163. The Jackrabbits won 101-88, covering as 8.5-point favorites. The Jackrabbits dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a great offensive rebounding percentage of 30.8 and an absurd effective field goal percentage of 0.680. The Mavericks put up marks of 20.6 and 0.522, respectively, for those same stats. Daum recorded a double-double with 27 points and 11 rebounds.
Omaha Mavericks vs. South Dakota State Jackrabbits Prediction
Basketball Tip: SU Winner – South Dakota State, ATS Winner – Omaha, O/U – Under
- The Jackrabbits rank 121st in assists per game (14.2) while the Mavericks rank 208th in assists allowed per game (15.2).
- Omaha is 6-8-1 ATS on the road with 8 unders and 7 overs.
- South Dakota State is 4-3 ATS at home with 5 unders and 2 overs.
- South Dakota State ranks 32nd in three pointers attempted per game (26.5) while Omaha ranks 235th in three pointers allowed per game (24.4).
- The Jackrabbits rank 50th in rebounds per game (38.6) while the Mavericks rank 212th in rebounds allowed per game (37.0).
- South Dakota State ranks ninth in blocks allowed per game (2.2) while Omaha ranks 157th (4.3).
- South Dakota State is 2-3 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Omaha is 3-2 ATS with 2 overs, 2 unders and 1 push.
- The Jackrabbits average margin of victory in their last five games has been 7.2, down from 10.3 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Mavericks have scored an average of 76.0 points per game (2.3 below their season average) and allowed an average of 77.2 points per game (6.6 below their season average).