The Omaha Mavericks (1-8) will try to snap a seven-game road losing streak when they square off with the Drake Bulldogs (4-4) at Knapp Center. Action begins at 6 p.m. ET on Saturday, December 9, 2017.
Omaha Mavericks at Drake Bulldogs Free Preview
In the Mavericks last game, they were beaten by the UC Santa Barbara Gauchos, 77-70. Omaha’s Mitchell Hahn put up 13 points and 13 rebounds in the game. UC Santa Barbara had a much better free throw rate (0.197 vs. 0.076). Omaha, on the other hand, had a turnover percentage of 11.5 (better than their season average of 19.4).
The Bulldogs are hoping for a better outcome after their 93-65 loss to the South Dakota Coyotes in their last outing. With 12 points and six rebounds, Drake’s Casey Schlatter played well. South Dakota’s 9.1 turnover percentage was their biggest strength over Drake, who had a mark of 24.7. The Coyotes mark was better than their season average of 15.1, while the Bulldogs was above their season average of 14.9.
It will be a battle of contrasting tempos as the fast-breaking Mavericks will look to push the more grind-it-out Bulldogs. Since the 2016-17 season, the Mavericks rank 18th in possessions per game while the Bulldogs are 121st.
These teams have already met once this season. The Mavericks won 75-73. The Mavericks turnover percentage was their largest advantage over the Bulldogs. Omaha had a rate of 14.9, while Drake posted a mark of 21.1. Daniel Norl was a top performer in the victory, with 16 points.
Omaha Mavericks at Drake Bulldogs Free Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Drake, ATS Winner – Drake, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Mavericks average 7.9 steals per game, which ranks 107th in the NCAA. The Bulldogs rank 189th in steals allowed per game (6.6).
- Drake ranks 214th in blocks allowed per game (4.1) while Omaha ranks 246th (4.5).
- Omaha averages 24.0 three pointers per game, which ranks 62nd in the NCAA. Drake ranks 251st in three pointers allowed per game (23.3).
- The Mavericks average 14.3 assists per game, which ranks 43rd in the nation. The Bulldogs rank 215th in assists allowed per game (14.2).
- Drake averages 35.1 rebounds per game, which ranks 206th in the nation. Omaha ranks 295th in rebounds allowed per game (38.1).