The Oklahoma Sooners and Omaha Mavericks will square off at Lloyd Noble Center to commence their seasons. Oklahoma opened as a 22-point favorite, while the game’s Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 155 points. Tip-off is scheduled for 3 p.m. ET on Sunday, November 12, 2017.
Omaha Mavericks vs. Oklahoma Sooners Betting Preview
Last season, Oklahoma failed to reach the tournament following an 11-20 regular season. Omaha also failed to make the tournament following an 18-14 regular season.
Omaha figures to have the edge on the offensive side of the ball. Last season, the Mavericks ranked 69th in offensive efficiency, while Oklahoma ranked 179th in defensive efficiency.
The Mavericks had records of 18-14 straight up (SU) and 17-11-2 against the spread (ATS) last season. Vegas was fairly accurate when setting the O/U total of Omaha games, with 16 overs compared to 14 unders.
The Sooners had a respectable record ATS last season (16-13), despite being 11-20 SU. Vegas was fairly accurate when predicting totals of Oklahoma games last year with 14 overs compared to 14 unders.
Omaha Mavericks vs. Oklahoma Sooners Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Oklahoma, ATS Winner – Omaha, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Sooners average 4.7 blocks per game, which ranks 35th in the NCAA. The Mavericks rank 202nd in blocks allowed per game (3.9).
- Omaha ranks 141st in assists per game (13.8) while Oklahoma ranks 302nd (10.6).
- Omaha ranks 18th in steals per game (8.2) while Oklahoma ranks 248th in steals allowed per game (7.0).
- The Mavericks rank 66th in three pointers attempted per game (23.9) while the Sooners rank 273rd (18.0).
- Oklahoma ranks 67th in rebounds per game (37.8) while Omaha ranks 272nd in rebounds allowed per game (37.8).