The Texas A&M Aggies (11-6, 0-5 SEC), who are currently on a five-game losing streak, will try to get back in the win column when they welcome the Ole Miss Rebels (10-7, 3-2 SEC) to Reed Arena. Texas A&M is an 11-point favorite on the opening line, while the games Over/Under (O/U) opened at 146.5 points. Action begins at 9 p.m. ET on Tuesday, January 16, 2018, and it can be seen on SEC Network.
Ole Miss Rebels at Texas A&M Aggies Betting Preview
The last time the Rebels played, they were victorious over the Florida Gators, 78-72. Bruce Stevens was Ole Miss leading scorer with 22 points on 8-for-13 shooting. Ole Miss played a nearly perfect game. They had an extraordinary free throw rate of 0.379 (above their season average of 0.258) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 27.8 (below their season average of 30.0). Florida was 0.262 and 20.9, respectively, for those same stats.
The Aggies are hoping for a better outcome after their 75-62 loss to the No. 24 Tennessee Volunteers in their last outing. Admon Gilder was the games high scorer with 16 points on 7-for-13 shooting. Tennessee did a terrific job of converting from the free throw line (20-23; 87.0 percent). Texas A&M, on the other hand, held the Volunteers to an effective field goal percentage of 0.451 (below their season average of 0.519).
Expect Texas A&M to dominate the offensive glass in this matchup. The Aggies rank 45th in offensive rebounding percentage (34.6 percent), while Ole Miss ranks 261st in defensive rebounding percentage (69.4 percent). The Rebels should be expected to protect the ball well. They rank 27th at avoiding errors (turnover percentage of 16.1 percent), while the Aggies force the 36th-fewest turnovers in the NCAA (opponents turnover percentage of 16.6 percent).
Games featuring these teams have a tendency to go under the O/U total. Ole Miss games have gone under 62.5 percent of the time, while 57.1 percent of Texas A&M games have gone under. Both teams have very similar records straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS). The Rebels are 10-7 SU and 6-10 ATS, while the Aggies are 11-6 SU and 6-8 ATS.
This is the first time these teams will go head-to-head this year. The Aggies won the sole game played against each other last season, 80-76. Texas A&M had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (50.0 vs. 23.3). Ole Miss, meanwhile, had a better turnover percentage (17.2 vs. 18.4).
Ole Miss Rebels at Texas A&M Aggies Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Texas A&M, ATS Winner – Ole Miss, O/U – Under
- The Rebels average 5.2 blocks per game, which ranks 26th in the nation. The Aggies rank 141st in blocks allowed per game (4.3).
- Ole Miss ranks 90th in steals per game (6.8) while Texas A&M ranks 130th in steals allowed per game (6.8).
- Ole Miss is 0-5 ATS on the road with 4 unders and 1 over.
- At home, Texas A&M is 1-5 ATS with 3 overs and 3 unders.
- Texas A&M ranks fourth in rebounds per game (42.3) while Ole Miss ranks 239th in rebounds allowed per game (38.7).
- The Aggies rank 27th in assists per game (17.2) while the Rebels rank 229th in assists allowed per game (16.0).
- Ole Miss averages 25.6 three pointers per game, which ranks 42nd in the nation. Texas A&M ranks 228th in three pointers allowed per game (25.1).
- Texas A&M is 1-4 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Ole Miss is 3-2 ATS with 5 unders.
- The Aggies have been outscored by an average of 10.8 points in their last five games. For the season, Texas A&M has defeated opponents by an average of 8.9 points.
- During their last five games, the Rebels have scored an average of 69.2 points per game (9.4 below their season average) and allowed an average of 71.0 points per game (3.9 below their season average).