The Ole Miss Rebels (12-17, 5-11 SEC) will travel to Rupp Arena to take on the No. 23 Kentucky Wildcats (20-9, 9-7 SEC) in their home finale. Kentucky is an 11-point favorite on the opening line, while the game’s Over/Under (O/U) opened at 151 points. Tip-off is set for 7 p.m. ET on Wednesday, February 28, 2018, and it can be seen on ESPN2.
Ole Miss Rebels vs. Kentucky Wildcats ATS Preview
The Rebels fell to the No. 19 Tennessee Volunteers in their last game, 73-65. Ole Miss’ Breein Tyree had a good performance, leading the team in scoring with 17 points on 7-for-16 shooting. Tennessee held the Rebels to an effective field goal percentage of 0.346 (below their season average of 0.491). Ole Miss, meanwhile, held the Volunteers to an offensive rebounding percentage of 24.4 (below their season average of 33.1).
In the Wildcats’ last matchup, they dismantled the Missouri Tigers, 87-66. Kentucky was led by Jarred Vanderbilt, who put up 11 points and 15 rebounds. Kentucky played a nearly flawless game. They had a ridiculous free throw rate of 0.412 (above their season average of 0.293) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.647 (above their season average of 0.506). For those same stats, Missouri was 0.241 and 0.448, respectively.
Kentucky could dominate on the defensive side of the ball as they square off against one of the worst offenses in the nation. The Wildcats rank 31st in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.471), while Ole Miss is 294th in effective field goal percentage (0.486). The Rebels should be expected to protect the ball well. They rank 34th at avoiding errors (turnover percentage of 16.2 percent), while the Wildcats force the 91st-fewest turnovers in the nation (opponents’ turnover percentage of 17.4 percent).
In terms of the O/U total, these teams are complete opposites. Games including Ole Miss have gone under 64.3 percent of the time, while 57.1 percent of Kentucky games have finished over. The Wildcats come into this game with considerably better straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records. They are 20-9 SU and 12-16-1 ATS, while the Rebels are 12-17 SU and 10-18 ATS.
This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams. The Wildcats won the sole game played against each other last season, 99-76. The Wildcats played a nearly flawless game. They had a solid turnover percentage of 8.6 and a superb effective field goal percentage of 0.554. The Rebels recorded marks of 15.9 and 0.417, respectively, for those same stats.
Ole Miss Rebels vs. Kentucky Wildcats Odds Prediction
Free Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Kentucky, ATS Winner – Ole Miss, O/U – Under
- The Rebels average 4.1 blocks per game, which ranks 59th in the NCAA. The Wildcats rank 153rd in blocks allowed per game (3.8).
- On the road, Ole Miss is 3-9 ATS with 7 unders and 5 overs.
- Kentucky is 7-10 ATS at home with 10 overs and 6 unders.
- Kentucky ranks 24th in rebounds per game (39.1) while Ole Miss ranks 271st in rebounds allowed per game (38.4).
- The Rebels rank 61st in three pointers attempted per game (24.7) while the Wildcats rank 307th (14.8).
- Kentucky ranks 120th in assists allowed per game (13.1) while Ole Miss ranks 265th (16.4).
- Kentucky is 3-2 ATS with 4 overs and 1 under in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Ole Miss is 1-4 ATS with 4 unders and 1 over.
- The Wildcats’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 5.0, down from 6.0 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Rebels have scored an average of 69.4 points per game (6.3 below their season average) and allowed an average of 79.2 points per game (2.1 above their season average).