The Ole Miss Rebels (9-6, 2-1 SEC) will attempt to snap the 12-game winning streak of Auburn when they head to Auburn Arena to go head-to-head against the No. 22 Tigers (14-1, 2-0 SEC). Auburn opened as a 9.5-point favorite, while the games Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 162 points. Tip-off is set for 9 p.m. ET on Tuesday, January 9, 2018, and it can be seen on ESPNU.
Ole Miss Rebels vs. Auburn Tigers Odds Preview
In the Rebels last matchup, they were victorious over the Mississippi State Bulldogs, 64-58. Deandre Burnett was the top scorer from either team with 21 points on 6-for-10 shooting. Ole Miss played a nearly flawless game. They had a solid turnover percentage of 8.9 (better than their season average of 14.3) and a free throw rate of 0.242 (matching their season average). For those same stats, Mississippi State was 16.6 and 0.143, respectively.
The Tigers hope to keep it rolling after beating the No. 22 Arkansas Razorbacks in their last outing, 88-77. Auburn was lifted by DeSean Murray, who contributed 15 points and eight rebounds. Auburn dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a great free throw rate of 0.293 (above their season average of 0.293) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.612 (above their season average of 0.531). Arkansas recorded marks of 0.210 and 0.516, respectively, for those same stats.
The offensive glass should be a major edge for Auburn in this battle. The Tigers currently rank 12th in offensive rebounding percentage (36.9 percent), while Ole Miss ranks 266th in defensive rebounding percentage (69.2 percent).
In terms of the O/U total, these teams are complete opposites. Games involving Ole Miss have gone under 57.1 percent of the time, while 58.3 percent of Auburn games have finished over. The Tigers hold a significant advantage in both straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records. They are 14-1 SU and 8-4 ATS, while the Rebels are 9-6 SU and 5-9 ATS.
Jared Harper has been playing at a high level over the last five games for Auburn, averaging 14.8 points and 5.6 assists per game.
This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams. The Rebels won both matchups played against each other last season. In the last game, Ole Miss won 90-84. The Rebels played a nearly perfect game. They had a phenomenal free throw rate of 0.409 and a turnover percentage of 12.1. The Tigers had marks of 0.072 and 21.6, respectively, for those same stats.
Ole Miss Rebels at Auburn Tigers Betting Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Auburn, ATS Winner – Ole Miss, O/U – Under
- The Rebels rank 38th in steals allowed per game (5.4) while the Tigers rank 106th (6.7).
- Auburn averages 6.4 blocks per game, which ranks seventh in the NCAA. Ole Miss ranks 37th in blocks allowed per game (2.7).
- Ole Miss is 0-4 ATS on the road with 3 unders and 1 over.
- At home, Auburn is 3-2 ATS with 3 overs and 2 unders.
- Auburn averages 41.5 rebounds per game, which ranks 10th in the nation. Ole Miss ranks 223rd in rebounds allowed per game (38.6).
- The Tigers rank 57th in assists per game (15.7) while the Rebels rank 211th in assists allowed per game (16.1).
- Ole Miss ranks 41st in three pointers attempted per game (25.9) while Auburn ranks 184th in three pointers allowed per game (23.7).
- Auburn is 3-2 ATS with 4 overs and 1 under in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Ole Miss is 4-1 ATS with 4 unders and 1 over.
- The Tigers average margin of victory in their last five games has been 14.2, down from 14.3 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Rebels have scored an average of 73.0 points per game (6.2 below their season average) and allowed an average of 64.0 points per game (10.5 below their season average).