The Ole Miss Rebels (11-13, 4-7 SEC) can end an eight-game road losing streak when they take on the LSU Tigers (13-10, 4-7 SEC) at Pete Maravich Assembly Center. Tip-off is scheduled for 4 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 10, 2018, and it can be seen on ESPNU.
Ole Miss Rebels vs. LSU Tigers Betting Preview
In the Rebels last outing, they lost to the Missouri Tigers, 75-69. With 20 points on 7-for-14 shooting, Terence Davis led Ole Miss in scoring. Missouri did a fantastic job of converting from the charity stripe (17-20; 85.0 percent). Ole Miss, meanwhile, had a turnover percentage of 5.3 (better than their season average of 14.4).
The Tigers are trying to rebound after their 73-64 loss to the Florida Gators in their last game. Brandon Sampson was LSU’s high scorer with 17 points on 5-for-8 shooting. Florida had a much better free throw rate (0.250 vs. 0.130). LSU, meanwhile, held the Gators to an offensive rebounding percentage of 13.3 (below their season average of 29.5).
LSU could dominate on the offensive side of the ball as their productive offense goes up against one of the NCAA’s worst defenses. The Tigers currently rank 34th in offensive efficiency, while Ole Miss ranks 285th in defensive efficiency.
This is the first time these teams will meet this year. The Rebels won the sole contest played against each other last season, 96-76. The Rebels turnover percentage was their largest advantage over the Tigers. Ole Miss had a rate of 13.6, while LSU posted a mark of 22.0.
Ole Miss Rebels vs. LSU Tigers Odds Prediction
College Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – LSU, ATS Winner – LSU, O/U – Under
- The Tigers rank 42nd in steals per game (7.5) while the Rebels rank 124th (6.2).
- Ole Miss ranks 37th in blocks per game (4.5) while LSU ranks 94th (3.6).
- LSU ranks 86th in assists allowed per game (12.5) while Ole Miss ranks 252nd (16.5).
- The Rebels rank 74th in rebounds per game (37.5) while the Tigers rank 228th (33.3).
- Ole Miss averages 24.6 three pointers per game, which ranks 64th in the NCAA. LSU ranks 208th in three pointers allowed per game (23.3).
- The Tigers have been outscored by an average of 7.4 points in their last five games. For the season, LSU has defeated opponents by an average of 4.4 points.
- During their last five games, the Rebels have scored an average of 70.0 points per game (7.0 below their season average) and allowed an average of 79.8 points per game (3.1 above their season average).