Both teams look to prolong their respective winning streaks as the Louisiana Tech Bulldogs (15-10, 6-6 CUSA) square off against the Old Dominion Monarchs (18-5, 9-2 CUSA) at Thomas Assembly Center. The Bulldogs have won five consecutive games at home, while the Monarchs are on a seven-game road winning streak. Action starts at 7 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 10, 2018.
Old Dominion Monarchs at Louisiana Tech Bulldogs ATS Preview
The last time the Monarchs played, they were victorious over the Southern Miss Golden Eagles, 68-63. B.J. Stith was the top scorer from either team with 19 points on 7-for-13 shooting. Old Dominion played a nearly perfect game. They had a free throw rate of 0.240 (matching their season average) and a turnover percentage of 12.2 (better than their season average of 13.3). Southern Miss was 0.137 and 19.8, respectively, for those same stats.
The Bulldogs will look to keep it rolling after dismantling the Charlotte 49ers in their last matchup, 83-65. Louisiana Tech’s Derric Jean played well, putting up 11 points and five assists. The Bulldogs had a phenomenally low turnover percentage of 8.5 (better than their season average of 15.7) and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.633 (above their season average of 0.529).
It could be a tough game for Louisiana Tech on the offensive glass. The Bulldogs are among the nations elite on the offensive glass, ranking 227th in offensive rebounding percentage at 27.8 percent. Meanwhile, Old Dominion ranks 74th in the NCAA at corralling defensive rebounds with a defensive rebounding percentage of 74.0 percent.
This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams, after the Bulldogs won the sole game last season, 75-63. Getting to the charity stripe was one of Louisiana Tech’s largest strengths. They had 25 free throw attempts, while Old Dominion had 16.
Old Dominion Monarchs vs. Louisiana Tech Bulldogs Free Prediction
Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – Old Dominion, ATS Winner – Old Dominion, O/U – Over
- The Monarchs rank 36th in blocks allowed per game (2.6) while the Bulldogs rank 89th (3.2).
- Old Dominion ranks 99th in assists per game (14.7) while Louisiana Tech ranks 116th in assists allowed per game (13.1).
- Louisiana Tech ranks 34th in three pointers allowed per game (19.0) while Old Dominion ranks 172nd (22.4).
- The Monarchs rank 58th in rebounds per game (38.1) while the Bulldogs rank 153rd in rebounds allowed per game (34.8).
- Old Dominion ranks 48th in steals per game (7.3) while Louisiana Tech ranks 135th (6.0).
- The Bulldogs average margin of victory in their last five games has been 11.6, up from 6.9 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Monarchs have scored an average of 70.6 points per game (2.2 below their season average) and allowed an average of 63.4 points per game (0.5 above their season average).