The No. 8 Texas Tech Red Raiders (15-4, 4-3 Big 12) can extend a 12-game home winning streak when they meet the Oklahoma State Cowboys (13-6, 3-4 Big 12) at United Supermarkets Arena. Texas Tech opened as a 10.5-point favorite, while the Over/Under (O/U) for the game has been set at 143.5 points. Tip-off is set for 7 p.m. ET on Tuesday, January 23, 2018, and it can be seen on ESPNews.
Oklahoma State Cowboys at Texas Tech Red Raiders ATS Preview
In the Cowboys last matchup, they won a close one over the No. 4 Oklahoma Sooners, 83-81. Jeffrey Carroll led Oklahoma State in scoring with 23 points on 8-for-22 shooting. The Cowboys held the Sooners to an effective field goal percentage of 0.402 (below their season average of 0.576) and had a turnover percentage of 12.0 (better than their season average of 15.5).
The Red Raiders are hoping for a better outcome after their 70-52 loss to the Iowa State Cyclones in their last game. With nine points and six rebounds, Texas Tech’s Jarrett Culver put together a solid outing. Iowa State held the Red Raiders to an effective field goal percentage of 0.390 (below their season average of 0.539). Texas Tech, meanwhile, had an offensive rebounding percentage of 40.0 (above their season average of 33.8).
Texas Tech could own the offensive glass in this showdown. The Red Raiders currently rank 50th in offensive rebounding percentage (34.2 percent), while Oklahoma State ranks 283rd in defensive rebounding percentage (68.5 percent).
Both of these teams tend to finish under the projected point total. Games including Oklahoma State have gone under 75.0 percent of the time, while Texas Tech games have gone under 73.3 percent of the time. The Red Raiders come into this game with much better straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records. They are 15-4 SU and 8-7 ATS, while the Cowboys are 13-6 SU and 6-10 ATS.
This is the first time these teams will clash this year. The Cowboys won both matchups played against each other last season. In the last game, Oklahoma State won 80-63. The Cowboys dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had an extraordinary free throw rate of 0.449 and a great effective field goal percentage of 0.592. For those same stats, the Red Raiders were 0.180 and 0.426, respectively.
Oklahoma State Cowboys vs. Texas Tech Red Raiders Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Texas Tech, ATS Winner – Oklahoma State, O/U – Under
- The Cowboys rank 66th in three pointers attempted per game (24.6) while the Red Raiders rank 131st in three pointers allowed per game (21.7).
- Oklahoma State is 27th in the nation with 2.6 blocks allowed per game while Texas Tech is 59th with 3.0 blocks allowed per game.
- Oklahoma State is 1-5 ATS on the road, while Texas Tech is 5-3 ATS at home.
- Of the Cowboys 6 road games, they have 4 unders and 2 overs.
- Of the Red Raiders 8 home games, they have 6 unders and 2 overs.
- Texas Tech ranks 20th in rebounds allowed per game (30.8) while Oklahoma State ranks 201st (36.9).
- The Red Raiders rank seventh in assists allowed per game (9.4) while the Cowboys rank 106th (12.9).
- Texas Tech averages 8.2 steals per game, which ranks 22nd in the NCAA. Oklahoma State ranks 110th in steals allowed per game (6.4).
- Texas Tech is 1-4 ATS with 5 unders in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Oklahoma State is 2-3 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs.
- The Red Raiders have been outscored by an average of 4.0 points in their last five games. On the season, Texas Tech has defeated opponents by an average of 15.4 points.
- During their last five games, the Cowboys have scored an average of 77.2 points per game (2.1 below their season average) and allowed an average of 78.8 points per game (6.4 above their season average).