The No. 19 Florida State Seminoles (7-0) and the Oklahoma State Cowboys (7-2) battle at BB&T Center. Tip-off is set for 2 p.m. ET on Saturday, December 16, 2017.
Oklahoma State Cowboys vs. Florida State Seminoles Free Preview
The last time the Cowboys played, they were beaten by the No. 6 Wichita State Shockers, 78-66. Mitchell Solomon had a solid game for Oklahoma State, putting up 17 points and eight rebounds. Wichita State did a great job of converting from the charity stripe (26-32; 81.3 percent). Oklahoma State, meanwhile, forced the Shockers into a turnover percentage of 24.3 (above their season average of 14.9).
The Seminoles hope to maintain momentum after thoroughly outplaying the Tulane Green Wave in their last contest, 72-53. Florida State was lifted by Braian Angola-Rodas, who was the games leading scorer with 18 points on 6-for-10 shooting. Florida State dominated every stat category in the game. They had a free throw rate of 0.224 (above their season average of 0.206) and a turnover percentage of 15.9 (worse than their season average of 14.1). Tulane had marks of 0.068 and 23.3, respectively, for those same stats.
The game should be a battle of strength against strength as the productive offense of Florida State takes on the top-notch defense of Oklahoma State. Since the 2016-17 season, the Seminoles rank 33rd in offensive efficiency, while the Cowboys are 17th in defensive efficiency.
Oklahoma State Cowboys vs. Florida State Seminoles Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Oklahoma State, ATS Winner – Oklahoma State, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Seminoles rank 23rd in blocks per game (5.3) while the Cowboys rank 71st (3.2).
- Florida State ranks 46th in steals per game (7.5) while Oklahoma State ranks 92nd (7.4).
- Oklahoma State ranks 38th in three pointers attempted per game (23.1) while Florida State ranks 189th (20.0).
- The Seminoles rank 58th in rebounds per game (38.5) while the Cowboys rank 119th in rebounds allowed per game (33.2).
- Oklahoma State ranks 28th in assists per game (15.2) while Florida State ranks 89th (14.9).