The Oklahoma State Cowboys (16-13, 6-10 Big 12) will travel to James H. Hilton Coliseum to go head-to-head with the Iowa State Cyclones (13-15, 4-12 Big 12) in their home finale. Oklahoma State opened as a 1-point favorite, while the Over/Under (O/U) for the game has been set at 152.5 points. Tip-off is scheduled for 7 p.m. ET on Tuesday, February 27, 2018, and it can be seen on ESPNU.
Oklahoma State Cowboys vs. Iowa State Cyclones ATS Preview
In the Cowboys’ last contest, they lost a tough one against the Texas Longhorns, 65-64. With 19 points on 7-for-13 shooting, Jeffrey Carroll was the top scorer from either team. Texas’ 0.232 free throw rate was their largest advantage over Oklahoma State, who had a rate of 0.190. The Longhorns’ mark was above their season average of 0.228, while the Cowboys’ was below their season average of 0.247.
The Cyclones are hoping for a better outcome after their 85-70 loss to the No. 21 West Virginia Mountaineers in their last outing. Lindell Wigginton was the top scorer from either team with 29 points on 10-for-23 shooting. West Virginia had an offensive rebounding percentage of 43.2 (above their season average of 37.0). Iowa State, meanwhile, had a better effective field goal percentage (0.509 vs. 0.492).
The offensive glass should be a major edge for Oklahoma State in this meeting. The Cowboys rank 45th in offensive rebounding percentage (33.7 percent), while Iowa State ranks 269th in defensive rebounding percentage (69.3 percent).
In terms of the O/U total, these teams are complete opposites. Oklahoma State games have finished under 61.5 percent of the time, while games including Iowa State have finished over 61.5 percent of the time. The Cowboys come into this game with a clear advantage in both straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records. They are 16-13 SU and 12-14 ATS, while the Cyclones are 13-15 SU and 10-15-1 ATS.
Cameron Lard has really been playing well over the last five games for Iowa State, averaging 17.8 points, 9.8 rebounds and 1.6 blocks per game.
These teams have already met once this season. In that game, the two teams combined for 183 points, well over the projected point total of 152. The Cowboys won 96-87, covering as 8-point favorites. The Cowboys dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a turnover percentage of 13.3 and an effective field goal percentage of 0.507. The Cyclones were 15.4 and 0.449, respectively, for those same stats. In the loss, Donovan Jackson led all scorers with 30 points.
Oklahoma State Cowboys at Iowa State Cyclones Odds Prediction
Free Basketball Tip: SU Winner – Oklahoma State, ATS Winner – Oklahoma State, O/U – Over
- The Cowboys rank 65th in blocks per game (4.0) while the Cyclones rank 121st in blocks allowed per game (3.5).
- Iowa State is 6-6-1 ATS at home, while Oklahoma State is 6-6 ATS on the road.
- The Cowboys have 6 overs and 6 unders in 12 road games.
- Of the Cyclones’ 13 home games, they have 8 overs and 5 unders.
- Oklahoma State ranks 51st in three pointers allowed per game (19.7) while Iowa State ranks 246th (24.3).
- The Cowboys average 36.4 rebounds per game, which ranks 103rd in the nation. The Cyclones rank 229th in rebounds allowed per game (36.9).
- Oklahoma State averages 14.3 assists per game, which ranks 112th in the nation. Iowa State ranks 193rd in assists allowed per game (14.3).
- Iowa State is 3-2 ATS with 4 overs and 1 push in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Oklahoma State is 3-2 ATS with 4 overs and 1 under.
- The Cyclones’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 6.2, up from 1.7 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Cowboys have scored an average of 74.6 points per game (2.0 below their season average) and allowed an average of 78.6 points per game (5.0 above their season average).