The No. 3 Wichita State Shockers (8-1) will try to snap the five-game winning streak of Oklahoma when they welcome the Sooners (7-1) to Intrust Bank Arena. Tip-off is scheduled for 4 p.m. ET on Saturday, December 16, 2017, and it can be seen on ESPN2.
Oklahoma Sooners vs. Wichita State Shockers ATS Preview
In the Sooners. last contest, they won a close one over the No. 25 USC Trojans, 85-83. Trae Young was the game.s leading scorer with 29 points on 9-for-18 shooting. The Sooners forced 17 turnovers and had a better effective field goal percentage (0.560 vs. 0.522).
The Shockers hope to keep it rolling after topping the Oklahoma State Cowboys in their last contest, 78-66. With 30 points on 6-for-11 shooting, Landry Shamet was the game.s leading scorer. Wichita State played a nearly perfect game. They had a phenomenal free throw rate of 0.578 (above their season average of 0.240) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 34.5 (below their season average of 36.6). Oklahoma State was 0.346 and 21.2, respectively, for those same stats.
Wichita State appears to have the edge on the offensive side of the ball. Dating back to last season, the Shockers rank ninth in offensive efficiency, while the Sooners rank 201st in defensive efficiency.
The Shockers won the only contest against the Sooners last season, 76-73. Wichita State had a much better effective field goal percentage (0.468 vs. 0.354). Oklahoma, meanwhile, did an excellent job of making free throws (27-34; 79.4 percent).
Oklahoma Sooners at Wichita State Shockers Free Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Wichita State, ATS Winner – Wichita State, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Shockers average 4.0 blocks per game, which ranks 58th in the NCAA. The Sooners rank 168th in blocks allowed per game (4.4).
- Oklahoma averages 7.0 steals per game, which ranks 68th in the nation. Wichita State ranks 106th in steals allowed per game (5.4).
- Wichita State averages 41.6 rebounds per game, which ranks fifth in the nation. Oklahoma ranks 211th in rebounds allowed per game (37.5).
- The Shockers rank 13th in assists per game (16.7) while the Sooners rank 203rd (12.2).
- Wichita State averages 21.8 three pointers per game, which ranks 80th in the NCAA. Oklahoma ranks 214th in three pointers allowed per game (24.1).