The No. 25 USC Trojans (4-2) and the Oklahoma Sooners (6-1) square off at Staples Center. The Over/Under (O/U) for the game opened at 165 points with USC set as a 1.5-point favorite. Action starts at 10:30 p.m. ET on Friday, December 8, 2017, and it can be seen on ESPN2.
Oklahoma Sooners vs. USC Trojans Free Preview
The Sooners defeated the UTSA Roadrunners in their last game, 97-85. Trae Young was Oklahoma’s leading scorer with 28 points on 9-for-22 shooting. Oklahoma dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a free throw rate of 0.148 (matching their season average) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 31.3 (above their season average of 28.0). For those same stats, UTSA was 0.123 and 26.4, respectively.
In the Trojans last matchup, they were beaten by the SMU Mustangs, 72-55. Chimezie Metu led USC in scoring with 13 points on 4-for-7 shooting. SMU forced the Trojans into a turnover percentage of 24.1 (above their season average of 12.8). USC, on the other hand, had a better free throw rate (0.213 vs. 0.189).
USC should have the advantage on the offensive side of the ball. The Trojans rank 72nd in offensive efficiency, while the Sooners rank 181st in defensive efficiency dating back to last season.
These two teams are complete opposites in terms of the O/U total. Games featuring Oklahoma have gone over 85.7 percent of the time, while 80.0 percent of USC games have gone under. The Sooners hold the substantial advantage straight up (SU) (6-1 vs. 4-2), but the Trojans have the superior against the spread (ATS) record (3-3 vs. 2-5).
Oklahoma Sooners vs. USC Trojans Odds Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Oklahoma, ATS Winner – Oklahoma, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Trojans rank 90th in steals per game (6.8) while the Sooners rank 214th in steals allowed per game (6.9).
- USC ranks 147th in three pointers attempted per game (21.9) while Oklahoma ranks 270th in three pointers allowed per game (24.0).
- USC averages 5.3 blocks per game, which ranks 22nd in the NCAA. Oklahoma ranks 226th in blocks allowed per game (4.2).
- The Trojans rank 78th in assists per game (15.0) while the Sooners rank 246th (12.1).
- Oklahoma averages 38.6 rebounds per game, which ranks 50th in the NCAA. USC ranks 185th in rebounds allowed per game (35.7).