The No. 17 Oklahoma Sooners (16-7, 6-5 Big 12) will try to snap a five-game road losing streak when they challenge the Iowa State Cyclones (12-11, 3-8 Big 12) at James H. Hilton Coliseum. Action gets underway at 2 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 10, 2018.
Oklahoma Sooners vs. Iowa State Cyclones Free Preview
The last time the Sooners played, they lost a close one to the No. 19 West Virginia Mountaineers, 75-73. Trae Young had a solid performance for Oklahoma, leading both teams in scoring with 32 points on 10-for-20 shooting. West Virginia forced the Sooners into a turnover percentage of 18.9 (above their season average of 15.4). Oklahoma, on the other hand, did a terrific job of converting from the free throw line (17-19; 89.5 percent).
The Cyclones are trying to rebound after their 76-58 loss to the No. 7 Texas Tech Red Raiders in their last matchup. Cameron Lard was the games high scorer with 22 points on 10-for-11 shooting. Texas Tech had a turnover percentage of 11.8 (better than their season average of 16.3). Iowa State, on the other hand, had an offensive rebounding percentage of 38.5 (above their season average of 30.5).
Getting to the line might be few and far between for Iowa State in this meeting. The Cyclones currently rank 284th in the NCAA with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.207, while Oklahoma ranks ninth in FTA rate allowed (0.172).
This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams, after the Cyclones won both contests last season. In the most recent game, Iowa State won 80-64. The Cyclones turnover percentage was their biggest strength over the Sooners. Iowa State had a rate of 5.4, while Oklahoma posted a mark of 16.9.
Oklahoma Sooners vs. Iowa State Cyclones ATS Prediction
Pick: SU Winner – Iowa State, ATS Winner – Iowa State, O/U – Under
- The Cyclones rank 55th in blocks per game (4.3) while the Sooners rank 186th in blocks allowed per game (4.5).
- Oklahoma ranks 27th in three pointers attempted per game (26.7) while Iowa State ranks 248th in three pointers allowed per game (24.6).
- The Sooners rank 15th in rebounds per game (40.1) while the Cyclones rank 229th in rebounds allowed per game (36.8).
- Oklahoma averages 16.3 assists per game, which ranks 36th in the NCAA. Iowa State ranks 169th in assists allowed per game (14.0).
- The Cyclones average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 11.0, up from 0.7 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Sooners have scored an average of 80.6 points per game (8.6 below their season average) and allowed an average of 82.0 points per game (0.3 above their season average).