The No. 10 TCU Horned Frogs (12-0) try to stay unbeaten when they meet the No. 12 Oklahoma Sooners (10-1) at Ed & Rae Schollmaier Arena. Action begins at 1 p.m. ET on Saturday, December 30, 2017.
Oklahoma Sooners vs. TCU Horned Frogs ATS Preview
The last time the Sooners played, they easily got past the Northwestern Wildcats, 104-78. Trae Young was the games leading scorer with 31 points on 9-for-16 shooting. The Sooners made 21 of their 27 free throws (77.8 percent) and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.769 (above their season average of 0.576).
The Horned Frogs will look to keep it rolling after defeating the William & Mary Tribe in their last game, 86-75. TCU was lifted by Jaylen Fisher, who put up 21 points and five rebounds. TCU played a nearly perfect game. They had a free throw rate of 0.255 (matching their season average) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 29.2 (below their season average of 34.1). William & Mary was 0.061 and 13.5, respectively, for those same stats.
This battle figures to be a shootout as a pair of the nations top offenses square off. TCU ranks 13th with 120.5 points per 100 possessions and Oklahoma is 17th (120.1).
Christian James has been playing at a high level over the last five games for Oklahoma, averaging 13.2 points, 5.6 rebounds and 1.6 steals per game.
This is the first time these teams will go head-to-head this year, after the Horned Frogs won two out of three matchups last season. In the most recent game, TCU won 82-63. TCU had a much better effective field goal percentage (0.673 vs. 0.444). Oklahoma, on the other hand, had a much better free throw rate (0.278 vs. 0.145).
Oklahoma Sooners vs. TCU Horned Frogs ATS Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – TCU, ATS Winner – TCU, O/U – Under
- The Sooners rank 24th in blocks per game (5.5) while the Horned Frogs rank 89th (3.8).
- Oklahoma ranks 42nd in steals allowed per game (5.4) while TCU ranks 72nd (5.9).
- TCU ranks second in rebounds allowed per game (28.1) while Oklahoma ranks 218th (37.6).
- The Sooners rank eighth in assists per game (19.1) while the Horned Frogs rank 219th in assists allowed per game (16.3).
- Oklahoma averages 29.1 three pointers per game, which ranks 15th in the NCAA. TCU ranks 212th in three pointers allowed per game (25.0).
- The Horned Frogs average margin of victory in their last five games has been 14.2, down from 14.9 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Sooners have scored an average of 96.4 points per game (1.3 above their season average) and allowed an average of 79.4 points per game (0.3 above their season average).