The Kansas State Wildcats (12-5, 2-3 Big 12) will try to slow down the nations top scoring team when they clash with the No. 4 Oklahoma Sooners (14-2, 4-1 Big 12) at Fred Bramlage Coliseum. Oklahoma opened as a 3-point favorite, while the Over/Under (O/U) for the game has been set at 164 points. Action starts at 9 p.m. ET on Tuesday, January 16, 2018, and it can be seen on ESPNU.
Oklahoma Sooners vs. Kansas State Wildcats Odds Preview
In the Sooners last outing, they defeated the No. 16 TCU Horned Frogs, 102-97. Trae Young was the top scorer from either team with 43 points on 15-for-27 shooting. Oklahoma dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a free throw rate of 0.181 (below their season average of 0.266) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.618 (above their season average of 0.579). For those same stats, TCU was 0.115 and 0.564, respectively.
The Wildcats are hoping for a better outcome after their 73-72 loss to the No. 12 Kansas Jayhawks in their last outing. Dean Wade led Kansas State in scoring with 22 points on 8-for-14 shooting. Kansas did a fantastic job of converting from the charity stripe (15-17; 88.2 percent). Kansas State, meanwhile, had a better offensive rebounding percentage (34.6 vs. 30.8).
This battle figures to be a high-scoring affair as a pair of the NCAA’s best offenses go head-to-head. Kansas State currently ranks 31st with 115.4 points per 100 possessions and Oklahoma is 16th (118.3). It will also be a battle of contrasting tempos as the up-and-down Sooners rank third in possessions per game, while the slower-paced Wildcats rank 332nd.
These two teams are complete opposites in terms of the O/U total. Games involving Oklahoma have gone over 80.0 percent of the time, while Kansas State games have finished under 57.1 percent of the time. The Sooners come into this game with considerably better straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records. They are 14-2 SU and 7-8 ATS, while the Wildcats are 12-5 SU and 5-9 ATS.
This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams. Each won one of the two games played against each other last season. In the last contest, the Sooners won 81-51. The Sooners played a perfect game. They had an effective field goal percentage of 0.484 and a turnover percentage of 12.8. The Wildcats had marks of 0.277 and 20.1, respectively, for those same stats.
Oklahoma Sooners at Kansas State Wildcats Odds Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Oklahoma, ATS Winner – Oklahoma, O/U – Over
- The Wildcats rank 80th in assists per game (15.2) while the Sooners rank 176th in assists allowed per game (14.4).
- Kansas State averages 8.2 steals per game, which ranks 27th in the nation. Oklahoma ranks 80th in steals allowed per game (5.9).
- Oklahoma is 3-4 ATS on the road, while Kansas State is 2-4 ATS at home.
- The total has gone over in 6 of the Sooners 7 road games, while 3 of the Wildcats 6 home games have gone over.
- klahoma ranks 32nd in rebounds per game (39.9) while Kansas State ranks 262nd (31.8).
- The Wildcats rank 120th in three pointers allowed per game (21.6) while the Sooners rank 258th (27.1).
- Oklahoma ranks 16th in blocks per game (5.7) while Kansas State ranks 148th (2.7).
- Kansas State is 3-2 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Oklahoma is 3-2 ATS with 3 overs and 2 unders.
- The Wildcats have been outscored by an average of 1.0 point in their last five games. For the season, Kansas State has defeated opponents by an average of 9.9 points.
- During their last five games, the Sooners have scored an average of 90.4 points per game (3.2 below their season average) and allowed an average of 85.8 points per game (4.6 above their season average).