The Oklahoma City Thunder (1-1) will travel to Vivint Smart Home Arena to meet the Utah Jazz (1-1) in game three of the First Round of the Western Conference Playoffs. The Thunder opened as 4.5-point underdogs. The games Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 207 points and it can be seen on ESPN at 10 p.m. ET on Saturday, April 21, 2018.
Oklahoma City Thunder vs. Utah Jazz Betting Odds
In game two, Favors led the Jazz to a 102-95 win. He recorded a double-double with 20 points and 16 rebounds. The two teams combined for 197 points, which was under the projected point total of 208.5, and Utah covered as a 3.5-point underdog. One of Utah’s biggest advantages was getting to the charity stripe. They had 33 free throw attempts, while Oklahoma City had 18.
It could be an error-filled game for the Utah offense. Utah ranks 24th in the NBA in ball protection (turnover percentage of 14.5 percent), while the pesky defense of Oklahoma City forces the most turnovers in the league (15.3 percent). Additionally, the Thunder rank first in offensive rebounding percentage (27.5 percent), while the Jazz rank fourth in defensive rebounding percentage (79.8 percent).
Of the Thunder’s 84 games, 47 have finished under the total. Oklahoma City comes into the contest with records of 49-35 straight up (SU) and 34-48-2 against the spread (ATS).
Similarly to Oklahoma City, Jazz games have a slight tendency to finish under the projected point total (51.2 percent). Moreover, Utah owns records of 49-35 SU and 44-40 ATS.
Donovan Mitchell has taken his game to another level recently for Utah, averaging 22.6 points, 6.6 rebounds, 4.4 assists and 1.6 steals over the last five games.
Oklahoma City Thunder at Utah Jazz Free Pick
Free NBA Tip: SU Winner – Jazz, ATS Winner – Jazz, O/U – Under
- The Jazz rank second in points allowed in the paint per game (41.6) while the Thunder rank ninth (43.6).
- Oklahoma City ranks first in steals per game (9.1) while Utah ranks 23rd in steals allowed per game (8.3).
- The Thunder rank fourth in fast break points per game (15.3) while the Jazz rank 22nd (10.3).
- Oklahoma City ranks first in points off turnovers per game (18.8) while Utah ranks 17th in points off turnovers allowed per game (16.7).
- Utah ranks first in assists allowed per game (19.9) while Oklahoma City ranks 13th (23.2).
- The Thunder rank first in second chance points per game (15.0) while the Jazz rank 23rd (11.4).
- The Thunder rank fifth in rebounds per game (45.1) while the Jazz rank 19th (43.4).
- Utah ranks third in three pointers allowed per game (26.1) while Oklahoma City ranks 24th (30.5).
- In games where they allow below 100 points, Utah is 35-7 and Oklahoma City is 22-5.
- In games where they reach the century mark, the Thunder are 45-18 and the Jazz are 40-13.
- Oklahoma City is 18-23 ATS on the road, while Utah is 22-19 ATS at home.
- The total has gone under in 23 of the Thunder’s 41 road games, while 25 of the Jazz’s 41 home games have gone under.
- In their last five games, Oklahoma City and Utah are both 3-2 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs.
- During their last five games, the Thunder have scored an average of 114.2 points per game (6.4 above their season average) and allowed an average of 105.6 points per game (1.1 above their season average).