The Toronto Raptors (51-21) will be 2.5-point favorites at home in Scotiabank Arena when they clash against the Oklahoma City Thunder (42-30). The game’s Over/Under (O/U) opened at 226.5 points and it can be seen on NBATV at 7:30 p.m. ET on Friday, March 22, 2019.
Oklahoma City Thunder vs. Toronto Raptors Betting Odds
In their first matchup this year, Siakam led the Raptors to a 123-114 victory. He notched a double-double with 33 points and 13 rebounds. Toronto covered as a 5-point underdog and the two teams combined to score 237 points, which was over the projected point total of 227. Toronto did a terrific job of converting from the free throw line (19-21; 90.5 percent). Oklahoma City, on the other hand, had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (25.8 vs. 15.8).
Of the Thunder’s 72 games, 37 have finished under the O/U total. Oklahoma City holds records of 42-30 straight up (SU) and 36-36 against the spread (ATS).
Of the Raptors’ 72 games, 41 have finished over the total. Toronto has a phenomenal 51-21 SU record, but they are just 32-38-2 ATS.
Baskets could be hard to come by in this contest between two of the league’s premier defenses. Toronto ranks fifth in defensive efficiency (105.0) and Oklahoma City is fourth (104.9).
Thunder at Raptors Odds Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – Raptors, ATS Winner – Thunder, O/U – Under
- The Raptors average 25.1 assists per game, which ranks 13th in the NBA. The Thunder rank 20th in assists allowed per game (24.9).
- Toronto ranks ninth in steals per game (8.3) while Oklahoma City ranks 25th in steals allowed per game (8.4).
- The Thunder rank fifth in points in the paint per game (52.0) while the Raptors rank 15th (48.8).
- Oklahoma City averages 19.6 points off turnovers per game, which ranks first in the NBA. Toronto ranks 11th in points off turnovers allowed per game (15.9).
- Toronto ranks 11th in blocks per game (5.3) while Oklahoma City ranks 18th in blocks allowed per game (5.2).
- The Thunder rank third in second chance points per game (15.3) while the Raptors rank 19th (13.1).
- The Thunder rank fifth in fast break points per game (18.1) while the Raptors rank 15th in fast break points allowed per game (13.6).
- Toronto averages 33.7 three pointers per game, which ranks 10th in the league. Oklahoma City ranks 11th in three pointers allowed per game (30.9).
- Oklahoma City ranks second in rebounds per game (48.2) while Toronto ranks 16th (45.3).
- Toronto is 13-1 when they hold opponents below 100 points, while Oklahoma City is 10-0.
- When reaching 100 points, the Thunder are 38-23 and the Raptors are 48-15.
- Toronto is 16-19-1 ATS at home, while Oklahoma City is 19-18 ATS on the road.
- The total has gone under in 22 of the Thunder’s 37 road games, while 19 of the Raptors’ 36 home games have gone over.
- The Raptors are 3-2 ATS over their last five games, while the Thunder are 1-4.
- In their last five games, Toronto has 4 overs and 1 under, while Oklahoma City has 3 unders and 2 overs.
- The Raptors’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 6.0, up from 5.6 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Thunder have scored an average of 104.6 points per game (9.8 below their season average) and allowed an average of 110.6 points per game (0.5 below their season average).