The Oklahoma City Thunder (1-3) will try to stave off elimination when they travel to Moda Center at the Rose Quarter to square off with the Portland Trail Blazers (3-1) in game five of the First Round of the Western Conference Playoffs. The Trail Blazers opened as 3-point favorites. The game’s Over/Under (O/U) opened at 218.5 points and it will air on Fox SportsNet Oklahoma at 10:30 p.m. ET on Tuesday, April 23, 2019.
Oklahoma City Thunder vs. Portland Trail Blazers ATS Odds
In game four, McCollum led the Trail Blazers to a 111-98 victory. He produced 27 points. The two teams combined to put up 209 points, which was under the projected point total of 222, and Portland covered as a 5.5-point underdog. The Trail Blazers’ 17.4 offensive rebounding percentage was their largest strength over the Thunder, who had a mark of 12.8.
Vegas has typically been fairly accurate when predicting totals of Thunder games, with 44 unders compared to 40 overs. Oklahoma City comes into the game with records of 50-36 straight up (SU) and 43-43 against the spread (ATS).
Unlike Oklahoma City, Trail Blazers games have finished over the projected point total 51.2 percent of the time. Additionally, Portland owns records of 56-30 SU and 48-38 ATS.
Portland appears to have the advantage on the defensive side of the ball. The Trail Blazers rank ninth in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.514), while Oklahoma City is 24th in effective field goal percentage (0.512).
Oklahoma City Thunder vs. Portland Trail Blazers Pick
Free Prediction: SU Winner – Trail Blazers, ATS Winner – Trail Blazers, O/U – Under
- The Thunder average 5.2 blocks per game, which ranks 11th in the league. The Trail Blazers rank 17th in blocks allowed per game (5.1).
- Oklahoma City ranks second in points off turnovers per game (19.0) while Portland ranks 26th (15.0).
- The Thunder rank first in second chance points per game (15.4) while the Trail Blazers rank 18th in second chance points allowed per game (13.7).
- Portland ranks third in rebounds allowed per game (42.9) while Oklahoma City ranks 19th (45.7).
- Portland ranks third in three pointers allowed per game (29.9) while Oklahoma City ranks 12th (31.6).
- The Thunder rank first in steals per game (9.2) while the Trail Blazers rank 23rd (6.7).
- The Trail Blazers rank fourth in assists allowed per game (23.2) while the Thunder rank 15th (24.5).
- Oklahoma City ranks sixth in points in the paint per game (51.3) while Portland ranks 11th in points allowed in the paint per game (47.5).
- Oklahoma City ranks fifth in fast break points per game (18.1) while Portland ranks 23rd (11.2).
- In games where they allow below 100 points, Oklahoma City is 11-0 and Portland is 17-2.
- In games where they reach 100 points, the Thunder are 46-26 and the Trail Blazers are 54-24.
- Portland is 26-17 ATS at home, while Oklahoma City is 21-22 ATS on the road.
- The total has gone under in 24 of the Thunder’s 43 road games, while 24 of the Trail Blazers’ 43 home games have gone over.
- In their last five games, Oklahoma City and Portland have both had 3 unders and 2 overs.
- The Trail Blazers are 4-1 ATS over their last five games, while the Thunder are 2-3.
- The Trail Blazers’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 6.2, up from 4.3 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Thunder have scored an average of 107.6 points per game (6.3 below their season average) and allowed an average of 110.6 points per game (0.4 below their season average).