The Portland Trail Blazers (1-0) will be 2.5-point favorites at home in game two of the First Round of the Western Conference Playoffs when they take on the Oklahoma City Thunder (0-1). The game’s Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 219.5 points and it will air on TNT at 10:30 p.m. ET on Tuesday, April 16, 2019.
Oklahoma City Thunder vs. Portland Trail Blazers Betting Odds
In game one, Kanter led the Trail Blazers to a 104-99 victory. He recorded a double-double with 20 points and 18 rebounds. Portland covered as a 3.5-point favorite and the two teams combined for 203 points, which was well under the projected point total of 223. Portland was lights out from beyond the arc (11-25; 44.0 percent). Oklahoma City, meanwhile, had a better turnover percentage (13.4 vs. 15.5).
Vegas has typically been fairly accurate when setting the total of Thunder games, with 42 unders compared to 39 overs. Oklahoma City heads into the game with records of 49-34 straight up (SU) and 42-41 against the spread (ATS).
In opposition of Oklahoma City, a little over half of Trail Blazers games have finished over the total. Further, Portland is 54-29 SU and 46-37 ATS.
Portland appears to have the edge on the defensive side of the ball. The Trail Blazers currently rank ninth in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.515), while Oklahoma City is 24th in effective field goal percentage (0.513).
Thunder vs. Trail Blazers Betting Pick
Free Pick: SU Winner – Thunder, ATS Winner – Thunder, O/U – Over
- The Trail Blazers rank fourth in three pointers allowed per game (29.8) while the Thunder rank 11th (31.5).
- Oklahoma City ranks second in points off turnovers per game (19.2) while Portland ranks 26th (14.9).
- The Thunder rank fifth in fast break points per game (18.2) while the Trail Blazers rank 24th (11.0).
- Portland ranks third in assists allowed per game (23.2) while Oklahoma City ranks 19th (24.7).
- Oklahoma City ranks fifth in points in the paint per game (51.9) while Portland ranks 15th (49.3).
- The Thunder rank first in steals per game (9.3) while the Trail Blazers rank 24th (6.7).
- The Trail Blazers rank third in rebounds allowed per game (42.9) while the Thunder rank 17th (45.7).
- Oklahoma City ranks 11th in blocks per game (5.2) while Portland ranks 16th in blocks allowed per game (5.1).
- Oklahoma City ranks first in second chance points per game (15.6) while Portland ranks 20th in second chance points allowed per game (13.8).
- Oklahoma City is 11-0 when they hold opponents under 100 points, while Portland is 15-2.
- The Trail Blazers are 52-23 when they score above 100 points, while the Thunder are 45-26.
- Oklahoma City is 21-21 ATS on the road, while Portland is 25-17 ATS at home.
- Of the Thunder’s 42 road games, they have 23 unders, 18 overs and 1 push.
- In 42 home games, the Trail Blazers have 24 overs and 18 unders.
- In their last five games, Oklahoma City and Portland have both had 3 overs and 2 unders.
- The Thunder are 3-2 ATS over their last five games, while the Trail Blazers are 2-3.
- The Thunder’s average margin of victory in their last five games has been 5.2, up from 3.3 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Trail Blazers have scored an average of 113.8 points per game (0.7 below their season average) and allowed an average of 111.6 points per game (1.3 above their season average).