The New Orleans Pelicans (43-33) will be 1-point underdogs at home in Smoothie King Center when they clash against the Oklahoma City Thunder (44-33). The games Over/Under (O/U) opened at 226 points and it can be seen on NBATV at 6 p.m. ET on Sunday, April 1, 2018.
Oklahoma City Thunder vs. New Orleans Pelicans ATS Odds
Both teams lost in their last game. The Pelicans were beaten by the Cleveland Cavaliers, 107-102, while the Thunder lost a close one to the Denver Nuggets, 126-125.
Oklahoma City had a turnover percentage of 6.3 (better than their season average of 12.1) while New Orleans made 11 of their 26 three pointers (42.3 percent). New Orleans received a boost from Nikola Mirotic, who contributed 20 points and seven rebounds. Russell Westbrook was a key piece for Oklahoma City with 33 points, 13 assists and nine rebounds.
It will be a matchup of conflicting paces as the up-tempo Pelicans (ranked second in the NBA in possessions per game) will look to push the slower-paced Thunder (17th in possessions per game).
A little over half of the Thunder’s games have finished under the O/U total. Oklahoma City holds records of 44-33 straight up (SU) and 30-45-2 against the spread (ATS).
Games involving the Pelicans have a tendency to finish over the total (57.9 percent). Further, New Orleans is 43-33 SU and 40-35-1 ATS.
The Pelicans have won both matchups against the Thunder this season. In their most recent game, the two teams combined to put up 214 points, which was under the projected point total of 224.5. New Orleans won 114-100, covering as a 6-point underdog. New Orleans made 13 of their 24 three pointers (54.2 percent), while Oklahoma City was 9-36 (25.0 percent). Anthony Davis put up a double-double in the victory with 43 points and 10 rebounds.
Oklahoma City Thunder at New Orleans Pelicans Free Pick
Free NBA Tip: SU Winner – Thunder, ATS Winner – Pelicans, O/U – Under
- The Thunder rank 11th in three pointers attempted per game (30.0) while the Pelicans rank 27th in three pointers allowed per game (30.8).
- Oklahoma City averages 15.1 second chance points per game, which ranks first in the NBA. New Orleans ranks 29th in second chance points allowed per game (13.7).
- The Thunder rank first in points off turnovers per game (18.7) while the Pelicans rank 22nd in points off turnovers allowed per game (17.4).
- Oklahoma City averages 9.0 steals per game, which ranks first in the NBA. New Orleans ranks 20th in steals allowed per game (8.2).
- Oklahoma City ranks sixth in rebounds per game (44.9) while New Orleans ranks 24th in rebounds allowed per game (45.4).
- The Pelicans rank third in assists per game (26.4) while the Thunder rank 27th (21.3).
- The Thunder rank eighth in points allowed in the paint per game (43.3) while the Pelicans rank 26th (47.7).
- New Orleans ranks third in blocks per game (5.9) while Oklahoma City ranks 10th in blocks allowed per game (4.6).
- Oklahoma City ranks third in fast break points per game (15.1) while New Orleans ranks 25th in fast break points allowed per game (14.3).
- When allowing less than 100 points, New Orleans is 10-2 and Oklahoma City is 21-5.
- When reaching 100 points, the Thunder are 40-17 and the Pelicans are 40-21.
- New Orleans is 17-20-1 ATS at home, while Oklahoma City is 15-23 ATS on the road.
- The Thunder have 20 unders and 18 overs in 38 road games.
- The Pelicans have 26 overs and 12 unders in 38 home games.
- In their last five games, Oklahoma City and New Orleans have both had 4 unders and 1 over.
- The Pelicans are 1-3-1 ATS over their last five games, while the Thunder are 0-4-1.
- During their last five games, the Pelicans have scored an average of 104.0 points per game (7.2 below their season average) and allowed an average of 109.0 points per game (1.9 below their season average).
- The Thunder have been outscored by an average of 0.6 points in their last five games. On the season, Oklahoma City has defeated opponents by an average of 3.1 points.