The Memphis Grizzlies (18-37), who are currently on a six-game skid, look to get back in the win column when they welcome the Oklahoma City Thunder (32-26) to FedExForum. Tip-off is scheduled for 8 p.m. ET on Wednesday, February 14, 2018, and it can be seen on Fox SportsNet Oklahoma.
Oklahoma City Thunder at Memphis Grizzlies Odds Preview
The Thunder were beaten by the Cleveland Cavaliers in their last matchup, 120-112. Steven Adams had a solid performance for Oklahoma City, recording 22 points and 17 rebounds. Cleveland had a turnover percentage of 6.7 (better than their season average of 12.9). Oklahoma City, meanwhile, had an offensive rebounding percentage of 36.7 (above their season average of 28.1).
The last time the Grizzlies played it was against the Thunder. In that game, the two teams combined to put up 202 points, just over the projected point total of 199. The Thunder won 110-92, covering as 4-point favorites. The Thunder dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a solid turnover percentage of 8.7 and an effective field goal percentage of 0.545. The Grizzlies were 15.5 and 0.427, respectively, for those same stats. Paul George was the games top overall scorer with 33 points. The Grizzlies have now won both contests against the Grizzlies this season.
This has potential to be an error-filled game for the offense of Memphis. Memphis ranks 24th in the NBA in ball protection (turnover percentage of 14.8 percent), while the gambling defense of Oklahoma City forces the most turnovers in the league (15.5 percent). Also, the Thunder, who rank first in offensive rebounding percentage (28.3 percent), will square off against the Grizzlies, who rank 22nd in defensive rebounding percentage (76.3 percent).
Both of these teams have a tendency to go under the O/U total. Games including Oklahoma City have finished under 56.1 percent of the time, while 56.4 percent of Memphis games have finished under. The Thunder have the significant advantage straight up (SU) (32-26 vs. 18-37), but the Grizzlies have been superior against the spread (ATS) (24-29-2 vs. 23-33-1).
Paul George has been playing at a high level over the last five games for Oklahoma City, averaging 28.2 points, 5.2 rebounds, 4.0 assists and 3.0 steals per game.
Oklahoma City Thunder vs. Memphis Grizzlies Free Prediction
Prediction: SU Winner – Thunder, ATS Winner – Thunder, O/U – Under
- The Thunder rank first in steals per game (9.2) while the Grizzlies rank 19th (7.3).
- Memphis ranks second in points allowed in the paint per game (40.8) while Oklahoma City ranks ninth (42.6).
- Oklahoma City ranks first in points off turnovers per game (18.7) while Memphis ranks 16th in points off turnovers allowed per game (16.2).
- Oklahoma City is 25th in the league with 21.1 assists per game while Memphis is 26th with 20.9 assists per game.
- Memphis is 13-15-1 ATS at home, while Oklahoma City is 11-17 ATS on the road.
- In 28 road games, the Thunder have 16 unders and 12 overs.
- In 29 home games, the Grizzlies have 19 unders and 10 overs.
- Oklahoma City is 18-5 when they allow less than 100 points, while Memphis is 11-10.
- The Grizzlies are 13-13 when they score over 100 points, while the Thunder are 28-13.
- The Thunder average 5.0 blocks per game, which ranks 10th in the league. The Grizzlies rank 23rd in blocks allowed per game (5.2).
- Oklahoma City ranks first in second chance points per game (14.9) while Memphis ranks 23rd (11.2).
- The Thunder rank fourth in fast break points per game (14.4) while the Grizzlies rank 25th in fast break points allowed per game (13.7).
- The Grizzlies rank 23rd in three pointers attempted per game (26.7) while the Thunder rank 24th in three pointers allowed per game (30.5).
- Oklahoma City ranks fifth in rebounds per game (44.9) while Memphis ranks 26th (40.6).
- Memphis is 2-3 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Oklahoma City is 2-3 ATS with 4 unders and 1 over.
- The Grizzlies average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 13.0, up from 3.7 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Thunder have scored an average of 106.4 points per game (0.1 above their season average) and allowed an average of 106.2 points per game (3.2 above their season average).