The Oklahoma City Thunder (2-3) will attempt to stave off elimination when they travel to Vivint Smart Home Arena to take on the Utah Jazz (3-2) in game six of the First Round of the Western Conference Playoffs. The Jazz opened as 6-point favorites. The game’s Over/Under (O/U) opened at 206 points and action gets underway at 10:30 p.m. ET on Friday, April 27, 2018.
Oklahoma City Thunder vs. Utah Jazz Betting Odds
In game five, Westbrook led the Thunder to a 107-99 win. He notched a double-double with 45 points and 15 rebounds. Oklahoma City covered as a 2-point favorite and the two teams combined to score 206 points, which was just under the projected point total of 207.5. The Thunder’s turnover percentage was their largest advantage over the Jazz. Oklahoma City had a rate of 7.4, while Utah posted a mark of 14.8.
This has potential to be a mistake-prone game for the offense of Utah. Utah ranks 24th in the NBA in ball protection (turnover percentage of 14.5 percent), while the ball-hawking defense of Oklahoma City forces the most turnovers in the NBA (15.3 percent). Furthermore, the Thunder are among the NBA’s elite on the offensive backboards, ranking first in offensive rebounding percentage (27.1 percent). The Jazz, however, rank third in defensive rebounding percentage (79.9 percent).
Of the Thunder’s 87 games, 48 have finished under the projected point total. Oklahoma City heads into the contest with records of 50-37 straight up (SU) and 35-50-2 against the spread (ATS).
Similarly to Oklahoma City, games featuring the Jazz have a slight tendency to go under the total (50.6 percent). Additionally, Utah owns records of 51-36 SU and 46-41 ATS.
Donovan Mitchell and Ricky Rubio have been playing well over the last five games for Utah. Mitchell has averaged 25.4 points, 8.0 rebounds, 3.2 assists and 1.4 steals, while Rubio has put up 18.2 points, 7.4 assists, 7.2 rebounds and 1.8 steals a game during that span.
Oklahoma City Thunder at Utah Jazz Betting Pick
Pick: SU Winner – Jazz, ATS Winner – Jazz, O/U – Over
- The Jazz rank second in points allowed in the paint per game (41.6) while the Thunder rank seventh (43.5).
- Oklahoma City ranks first in steals per game (9.1) while Utah ranks 25th in steals allowed per game (8.3).
- The Thunder rank fourth in fast break points per game (15.1) while the Jazz rank 22nd (10.3).
- Oklahoma City averages 18.9 points off turnovers per game, which ranks first in the NBA. Utah ranks 17th in points off turnovers allowed per game (16.9).
- Utah ranks first in assists allowed per game (19.7) while Oklahoma City ranks 13th (23.2).
- The Jazz rank third in three pointers allowed per game (26.1) while the Thunder rank 25th (30.7).
- The Thunder rank fifth in rebounds per game (44.9) while the Jazz rank 18th (43.5).
- Utah ranks seventh in blocks per game (5.1) while Oklahoma City ranks 11th in blocks allowed per game (4.7).
- Oklahoma City ranks first in second chance points per game (15.0) while Utah ranks 22nd (11.5).
- In games where they allow below 100 points, Utah is 36-7 and Oklahoma City is 23-5.
- The Thunder are 46-19 when they score over 100 points, while the Jazz are 42-13.
- Utah is 24-19 ATS at home, while Oklahoma City is 18-25 ATS on the road.
- The total has gone under in 23 of the Thunder’s 43 road games, while 25 of the Jazz’s 43 home games have gone under.
- In their last five games, Oklahoma City and Utah have both had 3 overs and 2 unders.
- The Jazz are 3-2 ATS over their last five games, while the Thunder are 2-3.
- The Jazz’s average margin of victory in their last five games has been 4.2, down from 4.3 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Thunder have scored an average of 103.2 points per game (4.4 below their season average) and allowed an average of 107.4 points per game (2.8 above their season average).