The New York Knicks (15-13) will be at home in Madison Square Garden when they go head-to-head against the Oklahoma City Thunder (14-14). Action starts at 7:30 p.m. ET on Saturday, December 16, 2017, and it can be seen on NBATV.
Oklahoma City Thunder at New York Knicks Odds Preview
In the Thunder’s last matchup, they edged the Philadelphia 76ers, 119-117. With 27 points, 18 rebounds and 15 assists, Russell Westbrook led the way for Oklahoma City with his ninth triple-double of the year. The Thunder held the 76ers to an offensive rebounding percentage of 14.3 (below their season average of 26.9) and had a better turnover percentage (12.9 vs. 15.5).
The Knicks come in on a high note after defeating the Brooklyn Nets in their last outing, 111-104. New York received a boost from Courtney Lee, who was the games leading scorer with 27 points on 9-for-17 shooting. New York’s 11.6 turnover percentage was their largest strength over Brooklyn, who had a mark of 15.4. The Knicks mark was better than their season average of 14.2.
This has potential to be an error-filled game for the offense of New York. New York ranks 27th in the league in ball protection (turnover percentage of 15.6 percent), while the disruptive defense of Oklahoma City forces the most turnovers in the league (17.3 percent).
Of Oklahoma City’s 27 games that accepted bets, 17 have finished under the O/U total, while 14 of New York’s 28 games have finished under the O/U total. Both teams have decent straight up (SU) records (14-14 for Oklahoma City; 15-13 for New York), but the Knicks have the advantage against the spread (ATS). New York is 16-12 ATS, while the Thunder are 8-18-1.
Steven Adams has been playing at a high level over the last five games for Oklahoma City, averaging 17.4 points and 11.0 rebounds per game.
These teams have already met once this season. The two teams combined to put up 189 points in that game, which was well under the projected point total of 215. The Thunder won 105-84, covering as 12-point favorites. The Thunder played a perfect game. They had a turnover percentage of 15.3 and an effective field goal percentage of 0.494. The Knicks were 22.2 and 0.449, respectively, for those same stats. Westbrook put up a triple-double in the victory, with 21 points, 16 assists and 10 rebounds.
Oklahoma City Thunder vs. New York Knicks Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Knicks, ATS Winner – Knicks, O/U – Over
- he Thunder average 29.9 three pointers per game, which ranks 14th in the league. The Knicks rank last in three pointers allowed per game (33.0).
- klahoma City averages 4.8 blocks per game, which ranks 14th in the league. New York ranks 18th in blocks allowed per game (5.0).
- klahoma City ranks fifth in second chance points per game (14.5) while New York ranks 15th in second chance points allowed per game (12.5).
- klahoma City is 3-11 ATS on the road with 9 unders and 5 overs.
- ew York is 13-5 ATS at home with 9 overs and 9 unders.
- hen allowing below 100 points, Oklahoma City is 10-4 and New York is 6-0.
- he Knicks are 14-6 when they score more than 100 points, while the Thunder are 12-6.
- he Knicks rank first in rebounds allowed per game (40.0) while the Thunder rank 10th (42.3).
- klahoma City averages 19.3 points off turnovers per game, which ranks third in the NBA. New York ranks 28th in points off turnovers allowed per game (19.6).
- he Thunder rank first in steals per game (10.0) while the Knicks rank 24th (7.0).
- he Knicks are second in the NBA with 39.9 points allowed in the paint per game while the Thunder are third with 40.3 points allowed in the paint per game.
- klahoma City ranks sixth in fast break points per game (14.4) while New York ranks 28th (6.2).
- ew York is 3-2 ATS with 4 overs and 1 under in their last five games.
- ver their last five games, Oklahoma City is 1-4 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs.
- he Knicks average margin of victory in their last five games has been 4.8, up from 0.6 for the season.
- uring their last five games, the Thunder have scored an average of 103.8 points per game (1.4 above their season average) and allowed an average of 105.8 points per game (5.7 above their season average).