The Oklahoma City Thunder (11-13) will attempt to put an end to an eight-game road losing streak when they challenge the Memphis Grizzlies (8-17) at FedExForum. Tip-off is set for 9 p.m. ET on Saturday, December 9, 2017, and it can be seen on NBATV.
Oklahoma City Thunder at Memphis Grizzlies Free Preview
The last time the Thunder played, they fell to the Brooklyn Nets, 100-95. Russell Westbrook had a good performance for Oklahoma City, leading both teams in scoring with 31 points on 10-for-27 shooting. Brooklyn had a free throw rate of 0.237 (above their season average of 0.216). Oklahoma City, on the other hand, held the Nets to an offensive rebounding percentage of 15.9 (below their season average of 22.4).
The Grizzlies are hoping for a better outcome after their 116-107 loss to the Toronto Raptors in their last game. Tyreke Evans was the top scorer from either team with 27 points on 10-for-19 shooting. Toronto did a terrific job of converting from the free throw line (29-33; 87.9 percent). Memphis, meanwhile, had an offensive rebounding percentage of 29.7 (above their season average of 18.3).
Memphis might have trouble scoring as they clash against one of the NBA’s best defenses. Oklahoma City ranks third in defensive efficiency while the Grizzlies rank 23rd in offensive efficiency. Moreover, the Thunder, who rank fourth in offensive rebounding percentage (26.3 percent), will try to take advantage of the Grizzlies, who rank 23rd in defensive rebounding percentage (76.6 percent).
Both of these teams have a tendency to go under the projected point total. Oklahoma City games have finished under 66.7 percent of the time, while games including Memphis have gone under 66.7 percent of the time. The Thunder have the better straight up (SU) record (11-13 vs. 8-17), but the Grizzlies have been better against the spread (ATS) (8-15-1 vs. 7-16-1).
This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams, after the Thunder won three out of four meetings last season. In the most recent matchup, Oklahoma City won 103-100. Oklahoma City had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (27.9 vs. 17.9). Memphis, meanwhile, did a fantastic job of making free throws (17-21; 81.0 percent).
Oklahoma City Thunder at Memphis Grizzlies Odds Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Grizzlies, ATS Winner – Grizzlies, O/U – Under
- The Thunder rank 15th in rebounds per game (43.4) while the Grizzlies rank 29th (38.6).
- Oklahoma City ranks third in points allowed in the paint per game (39.7) while Memphis ranks sixth (41.4).
- Oklahoma City ranks second in points off turnovers per game (20.0) while Memphis ranks 15th (17.4).
- On the road, Oklahoma City is 2-10 ATS with 8 unders and 4 overs.
- At home, Memphis is 4-9 ATS with 11 unders and 2 overs.
- In games where they allow under 100 points, Oklahoma City is 9-4 and Memphis is 6-4.
- In games where they score more than 100 points, the Thunder are 9-5 and the Grizzlies are 4-5.
- The Grizzlies rank seventh in blocks per game (5.4) while the Thunder rank 16th in blocks allowed per game (4.9).
- Oklahoma City ranks fifth in second chance points per game (14.3) while Memphis ranks 28th (8.9).
- The Thunder rank first in steals per game (10.3) while the Grizzlies rank 20th (7.4).
- The Grizzlies rank third in assists allowed per game (20.2) while the Thunder rank sixth (21.2).
- Oklahoma City averages 13.5 fast break points per game, which ranks seventh in the NBA. Memphis ranks 24th in fast break points allowed per game (12.8).
- Memphis is 2-2-1 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Oklahoma City is 0-5 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs.
- The Grizzlies’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 7.6, up from 3.5 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Thunder have scored an average of 100.8 points per game (0.9 below their season average) and allowed an average of 101.8 points per game (2.9 above their season average).